Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartKidsOnTheRun View Post
    Did dbl-shift turn the keys blue before and hold caps lock? I don't remember...

It does now!!!
    Yes, it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    I don't think it's a scroll bar but more like a bar to show you where you are on the page.

So that you can calculate roughly how many hundred wrist-flicks you have to execute before you actually get to the bottom of a 300-post forum page! Dead handy!

trowany likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyTrain View Post
    Unfortunately the TouchPAd device now displays an exclamation symbol in a triangle with www.palm.com/ROM

What's the recommended next step
    So what to do next? If I have to wipe the entire system so be it. So do I run WebOS Doctor? Which version? 3.04 or 3.05? Thanks
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    hi all

Do I need to remove all patches before I update? If yes, what is the best way to remove all the patches instead of doing on at a time
    Last edited by yeobt1; 01/12/2012 at 11:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Update: Quick and Easy - No Hiccups

UberKernel 3.05

running great at 1.512 GHz

music files still available.

Kudos to the webOS team.

My TouchPad is Awesome!
    Anyone remember being able to comment on facebook photos directly from the photos app before?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyTrain View Post
    So what to do next? If I have to wipe the entire system so be it. So do I run WebOS Doctor? Which version? 3.04 or 3.05? Thanks

I guess I would start by trying to run the doctor from recovery mode (volume up/power button).
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Anyone remember being able to comment on facebook photos directly from the photos app before?

That is not new functionality.

Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Updated to 3.0.5, but afterwards Preware no longer shows a "patches" category. Anyone have luck on getting this to return to normal?

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Is anybody else noticing that navigation seems a bit faster? Even without any patches it seems quicker than 3.0.4 with a multitude of patches.

Anyways, thanks for the quick arrow key update. I can't believe how much I miss my patches and themes, I hate having small cards and only 4 apps in the launcher. However, I'll give it a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Updated to 3.0.5, but afterwards Preware no longer shows a "patches" category. Anyone have luck on getting this to return to normal?

'Normal' would be when the patches themselves are also updated?
    Give the guys a break mate!

""..Updates to patches, apps, kernels, etc... always take a few days to catch up to the new OS update. Please be patient..""

Last edited by Mutoidi; 01/12/2012 at 11:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I guess I would start by trying to run the doctor from recovery mode (volume up/power button).
    Yes, but which version of WebOSDoctor should I run? I was running WebOS 3.04 but was installing 3.05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    'Normal' would be when the patches themselves are also updated?
    Give the guys a break mate!

""..Updates to patches, apps, kernels, etc... always take a few days to catch up to the new OS update. Please be patient..""

I interpreted his post as him saying that there is no patches category, period. I don't see any complaining or impatience on when the patches would be updated in his post.
    Yes, but which version of WebOSDoctor should I run? I was running WebOS 3.04 but was installing 3.05.
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    I interpreted his post as him saying that there is no patches category, period. I don't see any complaining or impatience on when the patches would be updated in his post.

Well.. it's clearly all down to the 'interpretation' then isn't it!

Quote was 'HelloNewmans' anyhow.

My point is that there is nothing ABnormal occurring!

I had it happen to me tonight too... Check your feeds, and restart your device (not Luna Restart).
    And me.. tis why it's 'normal'!
    my HPTP just got zippy
    I note a clear speed improvement for opening complex programs like New Oxford American Dictionary or Asphalt 6
    having the accelerometer working again is a big boon
    the scroll bar is a fine addition as well
    I think (given my as of yet limited experience with the new upgrade) I prefer the scroll bar being just an indicator rather than in some way more active
    HP got this right, but I am certain others will dispute this
    much of the elegance of WebOs comes from its simplicity & a more function scroll bar would screw that up
    A well placed flick of the finger gets the job done for most instances, though having a "top" or bottom gesture would be nice
    Kudos to HP & their team
    this update should prove VERY encouraging for the WebOs faithful
    Volcom45 likes this.
    Follow the steps in this link and you'll be good to go.

Portal:Updating webOS Versions - WebOS Internals
    Installed 3.0.5 and uber kernel update this afternoon everything works fine