Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Yeah, I know, but it's just so... screwed up.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Now that Iíve doctored directly to 3.0.5 after update process broke down, I canít access Preware patches, also not via QI. App Tuckerbox is working though.

Will go to bed ó itís late here.

Would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks in advance, folks! Good night.
    Deleted muffle...updated...no problem...smokin hot @ 1.7! hope veer is next...
    Quote Originally Posted by frontloader View Post
    There needs to be some way we can gauge the improvements made in 3.0.5. Unfortunately AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $all$ $we$ $have$ $is$ $lithium$. $Going$ $by$ $subjective$ $observations$ $isn$'$t$ $good$ $enough$.
    you could just do it a few times and avetage it. That's what I did
    is it just me or does the touchpad seem a lot snappier overall(not just browser)with this update? This is coming from someone without any patches or uberkernel installed btw.
    gerzhwin likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    is it just me or does the touchpad seem a lot snappier overall(not just browser)with this update? This is coming from someone without any patches or uberkernel installed btw.
    Coming from someone who has used a lot of performance enhancing patches in 3.0.4 to none in 3.0.5, It does seem a bit snappier.
    My touchpad had rebooted twice since the 3.0.5 update while sitting on idle. It hasn't done that in months :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Coming from someone who has used a lot of performance enhancing patches in 3.0.4 to none in 3.0.5, It does seem a bit snappier.
    So you are saying a stock 3.0.5 feels faster than a overclocked/patched 3.0.4?
    All virtual keyboards in thread "virtual keyboard patches..." are now available for 3.0.5
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Is the location bar (can't think of a better name) on the right side of the browser new? I don't remember it before the update.
    HP TouchPad 32GB
    3.04 WebOS w/ F14 Kernel
    CM7 Alpha 3.5 w/ MoBoot 0.3.5

I had read where others were successful installing 3.05 on similarly configured TouchPads. So I went ahead and decided to do so myself. It appears that was not the best idea :-(

Downloaded 3.05 OTA and clicked the install button. (Initial install screen suggested install might take fifteen minutes to install).

TouchPad restarted itself with screens going black then two seconds later black screen with the hp badge in center of screen (non-animated) for 30 seconds. Then screen went black for appx two seconds. Has been repeating this cycle for 20 minutes now.

I'm afraid to interrupt. How long should I wait.

Recommendations?
    Is the location bar (can't think of a better name) on the right side of the browser new? I don't remember it before the update.
    scroll bar is new

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ikimashokie View Post
    I tried running the uninstall post-3.0.5, it failed with an error stating there was a difference in file size, and that the main file couldn't be found.

Reinstall + reboot = still no arrows. Uninstall gives same error. For those interested:

Click to view quoted image
    ISAGAR2004 had instructions for reinstalling:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3275804
    This is probably a script bug that shouldn't happen.
    I will try to fix it, but in the meantime try the following steps:
    1. Connect your TouchPad to your computer and hit "Cancel" in the USB Drive prompt.
    2. Run WOSQI and select "Linux commandline" from the "Tools" menu.
    3. Enter the following commands:
    Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    rm -f /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr.orig
    mount -o ro,remount /
    4. Close the command line window.
    5. Reinstall the keyboard patch using the IPK method.
    gerzhwin likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyTrain View Post
    Has been repeating this cycle for 20 minutes now.

I'm afraid to interrupt. How long should I wait.

Recommendations?
    Waited half hour with repeated reboots. Decided to interrupted repeated reboots by holding down power and Home button. TouchPad showed USB logo. Connected TouchPad to PC, and ran novacom. TouchPad Filesystem did not show up under removable drives as it did previous to the OTA update.

So read a note on CM7 forum suggesting MoBoot needing reinstalled.

So in Windows7 terminal ran the following command:

novacom.exe boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller

Unfortunately the TouchPAd device now displays an exclamation symbol in a triangle with www.palm.com/ROM

What's the recommended next step
    unlike the 3.0.4 update that bricked my TP, requiring a visit to the Doctor, the 3.0.5 was smooth, only had to redownload f4 and apply settings again, everything else appears normal, even the setting for autocorrect was still toggled off...

patches are another story, the waiting game now..

late, will check it all out tomorrow...
    Last edited by bldegle2; 01/12/2012 at 10:10 PM.
    32g and playing
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    It certainly is faster in email with embedded web - like 2-3x faster! Really nice.

[edit] and my app is working faster too when cross app launching!
    Last edited by SmartKidsOnTheRun; 01/12/2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: even more speed!
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    scroll bar is new

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

So new in fact.. that you can't even 'scroll' WITH it!

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I don't think it's a scroll bar but more like a bar to show you where you are on the page.
    I like the "scroll bar". I had actually planned to hold off on the update. A notification was sitting on on the task bar and couldn't be dismissed. Somehow when trying to refresh a web page, I somehow apparently managed to click on it and start the upgrade. I'm still not quite sure how that happened but most things seem fine so far. Some patches broke but I'll live,
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Did dbl-shift turn the keys blue before and hold caps lock? I don't remember...

It does now!!!
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast