Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    webosdoctor is available for download by the way.... downloading right now
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Must be because of the new key for toggling auto-correction.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Yeah, I figure as much, though currently my keyboard just looks like the stock 3.0.4/2 one. I'm looking for this fancy new key I keep hearing about. I figured it'd be (or have been) pretty obvious, at least prior to attempting to reinstall the keyboard w/ arrows.
    I guess I don't see anything in the framework notes about the strange wifi dropout issue I had that made me revert to 3.0.2, really hoping that is fixed......
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    We fixed an issue where the device would continue to ring after the Skype call has been connected. So yes it works, unless you can state what issue you are talking about without being so vague.
    I am referring to the quality of the video stream from the Touchpad. It stutters and freezes alot. I called tech support back during the 3.02 days and they said it was a known bug and would be fixed in a upcoming OS update. I guess I am still going to be waiting.
    I just updated...working fine on an unpatched system. The only Homebrew apps I use are Internalz Pro (working) and Proxy Switch (also working).
    Install went fine.. Of course somethings are out of whack now, but I'll just set back and enjoy 3.0.5 and wait on the updates..
    3.0.5?????

That's odd ...
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Stock Touchpad, no overclock no patches. My review.

1. Things seem much faster especially Calender! - Happy

2. Skype video runs fine, like the fact they seperated video contacts ( would have preferred a separation of "Pure Skype contacts" from other phone contacts!) - Semi Happy

3. Accelrometer works almost fine. Played Asphalt 6 and could race but accelerometer felt a bit twitchy, if you may ask i came second! - Semi Happy

4. Menu/Launcher bar seems smaller - uh?? I dunno

5. sound perfect-display perfect-auto correction still testing - Happy!
    So, it has been a few hours, anyone seeing any improvements? My install went great, no issues and everything works, no patches. I think the Web is much faster so far, anyone else? No wifi issues and email seems quicker too? I have my fingers crossed, thank you HP for keeping us in your thoughts and keeping a few people around there that still know how to work WebOS !
    I still cannot find this darn osk auto-correct button. Am I blind?

(I'm planning to doctor anyway, but I'd like to make sure that it's not staring me right in the face)
    Quote Originally Posted by ikimashokie View Post

(I'm planning to doctor anyway, but I'd like to make sure that it's not staring me right in the face)
    I'm trying to get some feedback on this, my guess is this may have been planned but pulled before release.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    in the settings "text assist " app auto on/off - if that is what you are after?

I can't find this either... I'm going insane...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by NorbB View Post
    in the settings "text assist " app auto on/off - if that is what you are after?
    In the text assist, I've turned auto correct back on, thinking that maybe it would trigger the button, and it didn't.

The release notes say you can turn it on/off directly from the OSK. Since I'd been playing around with the keyboard arrows patch after updating, I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking it and chalking up its absence to my mucking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorbB View Post
    So, it has been a few hours, anyone seeing any improvements? My install went great, no issues and everything works, no patches. I think the Web is much faster so far, anyone else? No wifi issues and email seems quicker too? I have my fingers crossed, thank you HP for keeping us in your thoughts and keeping a few people around there that still know how to work WebOS !
    I was thinking of posting that web surfing seems significantly faster but I didn't want people to think I was only imagining it. Glad to see others are finding the browser to be faster. Also I love the scroll bar in the browser too.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    can someone help me get the doctor. I logged into my palm profile and my touchpad isnt listed for some reason...only my phone is and i can only get the north american 2.2.4 doctor i cant change it =/

EDIT: Never mind its on the webosinternals page with the doctors already =]
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I was surprised at how much faster the browser is, as well. I see a significant improvement.
    3.0.5 uberkernel is up on preware.

Audio seems much better. Still hiccuping occasionally during MP4 playback,
    disappointing as the same videos played fine in 3.0.2.

Watching an MP4 in portrait on my touchstone, that's nice.

There's a single row of pixel-inversion at the bottom of all MP4s when I
    play them in landscape.

HP Bluetooth keyboard seems a lot more useful with cards. Arrow keys switch
    between them, Return activates current card (pretty sure that's new).
    stickerboy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spackle View Post
    HP Bluetooth keyboard seems a lot more useful with cards. Arrow keys switch
    between them, Return activates current card (pretty sure that's new).
    That's awesome, will need to give it a try as soon as I update
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
    At last empty trash in mail.

Anyone know where this mystery auto-correction button is..??
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast