Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Just updated my wifes TP. It was standard apart from Uberkernel. I de-installed that and rebooted. Then ran the upgrade.

Got the dreaded www.palm.com/ROM triangle. So, what causes that?

I've just doctored it to 3.0.5 so it's back to standard now - but, of course, SWMBO is not too impressed with having to load everything again.

Alan
    I updated mine and got the same dreaded thing.

Currently downloading WebOS doctor.
    Just downloaded the update late last night. Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but looking forward to the fixes.
    bldegle2 likes this.
    I updated last night with no issues. CM7 still booted fine as did 3.05. just now I booted in to webos and received a notification that a device restart was required so I clicked to confirm and after a lengthy (about 3 minute) reboot I was brought back to the initial webos set up screen, selecting a language, network etc...

Anyone else have this happen?
    Hi guys, iv just recieved my touchpad [no mods, no android just WebOS] and its pushing me to do the WebOS update but i wanna put CM7 on it.

My question is should i do the WebOS update before putting on CM7?
    Should i even bother with the WebOS update at all, if i did could that interfere with the way Android installs/runs?

*sits waiting a reply*
    Thanks! [=
    Quote Originally Posted by werkx View Post
    Just hit Install Now option. Didn't do anything with UberKernel and other patches. We'll see how it goes.
    I installed the update with Uberkernal in place. Right after the reboot there was a notification that there was an update available. I clicked to check it out and it was for Uberkernal to be compatible for 3.0.5. Installed, rebooted and it worked great. No problems so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torzaaaa View Post
    Hi guys, iv just recieved my touchpad [no mods, no android just WebOS] and its pushing me to do the WebOS update but i wanna put CM7 on it.

My question is should i do the WebOS update before putting on CM7?
    Should i even bother with the WebOS update at all, if i did could that interfere with the way Android installs/runs?

*sits waiting a reply*
    Thanks! [=
    I don't believe that it should make a difference either way.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    I'm pretty sure it won't interfere with CM7 if you do the update first.

Alan
    Thanks for getting back to me so fast guys!

Im off to update WebOS and install CM7 now,
    Cheers! [=
    Are there new rintones and alerts I. 3.0.5?. Just went in to change notifications sounds and found a bunch of new tones I haven't seen before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Are there new rintones and alerts I. 3.0.5?. Just went in to change notifications sounds and found a bunch of new tones I haven't seen before.
    looks like about the same list to me. all the stock ones say "webOS" as the author.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    failed to install patch twice and its making me download the patch again...boo
    removed patches after 3.0.5 update with patch removal tool, updated feeds with 3.0.4 feed, reinstalled all patches, good to go...only patch that will not install is the increase touch senitivity patch...I can live with that..

laterzzz....
    32g and playing
    Bluetooth binary is already integrated in 3.0.5 and it seems work fine
    Well, removed all patched, rebooted, ran the update.

Boot loop for about an hour. Finally gave up on it and just manually doctored it. Back up and running now, loving the new BT keyboard functionality. Good stuff.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Just updated my wifes TP. It was standard apart from Uberkernel. I de-installed that and rebooted. Then ran the upgrade.

Got the dreaded www.palm.com/ROM triangle. So, what causes that?

I've just doctored it to 3.0.5 so it's back to standard now - but, of course, SWMBO is not too impressed with having to load everything again.

Alan
    I uninstalled Uberkernel and Govnah before 3.0.5 would install. It went great and everything works!
    Last edited by old_geekster; 01/13/2012 at 04:52 PM.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by old_geekster View Post
    I uninstalled Uberkernel and Govnah before 3.0.5 would install. It went great and everything works!
    Mine was fine - hers was not. Both had all patches removed and back to stock kernel before the upgrade.

You figure it out - I can't.
    Couldn't install 3.05. So I ran EPR and uninstalled Uberkernel. Then was able to install 3.05. Updated feeds and all seems ok now.
    i kept getting the install failed on restart until i uninstalled a bunch of patches. i'm not sure which ones were key to letting the update happen, although uberkernel and muffle sound like they need to be uninstalled for sure.

i uninstalled these patches:

Buttah v.3.0.4-15
    Custom Browser Gestures v3.0.4-35
    Default to Week View v3.0.4-3
    Disable Lock Screen v3.0.4-9
    Disk Cache Mod v3.0.4-37
    Faster Card Animations HYPER Version v3.0.4-14
    Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness v3.0.4-44
    Just Charge By Default v3.0.4-5
    Mojo Tap Responsiveness v3.0.4-51
    Muffle System Logging v3.0.4-15
    Private Browsing v3.0.4-19
    Quiet powerd Messages v3.0.4-13
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging v3.0.4-13
    System Control Optimization v3.0.4-47
    UberKernel v3.0.4-88
    Unset CFQ IO Scheduler v3.0.4-13
    Unthrottle Download Manager v3.0.4-5

i left these patches installed:

Ad Blocker v3.0.4-5
    Disable Search Engine Browser Notifications v3.0.4-12
    Max blocker v3.0.4-46
    Reduce Minimum Brightness v3.0.4-5
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon v3.0.4-14
    my touchpad won't update keep getting message unable to connect try again later
    Ripped out my patches and kernel before I did the OTA update and all is good. Even left Unbuntu and CM7 expecting moboot problems and got none
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....