webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Ubuntu MetaDoctor
Ubuntu MetaDoctor

Old 01/12/2012, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Just a quick question - I am thinking about putting Ubuntu on my touchpad and am looking for advice.

First of all, I did the MetaDoctor for my Pre2 to get it working on Sprint. It was a pain in my keister, but it works and it was totally worth it to upgrade my Pixi. Basically what I am wondering is, on a scale from one to total pain, what would you rate the process of making the MetaDoctor for Touchpad?

Also, for those of you running Ubuntu: is it worth it?
mstrblueskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2012, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Okay, well, I did the MetaDoctor and it was a piece of cake - still working on getting ubuntu on the touchpad, but if it works, it was worth it.

It took 4 hours for me to download & install ubuntu on a computer at work, download the files, make the doctor, get it uploaded to box, download it in Windows, doctor my touchpad and install preware and a majority of the apps I have while updating my patches from Quick Install. It probably would have taken no time if I didn't have to set-up Ubuntu and do it around the work I had to get done today. I would say if your touchpad is charged and you can read directions and you have Ubuntu installed and no distractions, it should take an hour.
Old 01/12/2012, 05:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Just kidding - all that work and I have to redo it. Deja Frankenpre. The good news is I don't have to start from ground zero.

Tags
touchpad, ubuntu, worth it

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0