webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Touchpad damage from PC virus?
Touchpad damage from PC virus?

Old 01/11/2012, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hey, guys

Recently my PC's been performing very sluggish and strange, I suspect that it may have a virus.

If I were to connect my TP to it while it was infected, could it damage the Touchpad? I doubt that the virus would be compatible with with webOS, but culprit find personal information, or delete my files? I'll probably just wait to fix my PC, but I'm curious if it could damage my Touchpad's any way shape or form, or find personal info off of it.

Thanks,
-Evan
EvanKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2012, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

no, however your touchpad could become a carrier for said virus.
HTC One (T-Mobile)
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
gamer765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2012, 01:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
Hey, guys

Recently my PC's been performing very sluggish and strange, I suspect that it may have a virus.

If I were to connect my TP to it while it was infected, could it damage the Touchpad? I doubt that the virus would be compatible with with webOS, but culprit find personal information, or delete my files? I'll probably just wait to fix my PC, but I'm curious if it could damage my Touchpad's any way shape or form, or find personal info off of it.

Thanks,
-Evan
Unless the virus was written for webos code, nothing is going to happen. Why do you think all those windows based pc viruses don't bother Mac computers? And quite frankly, no hacker would bother taking the time to write a virus for webos. It's not worth the effort.
Old 01/12/2012, 04:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
And quite frankly, no hacker would bother taking the time to write a virus for webos. It's not worth the effort.
Speak for yourself, mister!
I believe we are worth an infection!
p41m3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2012, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
Speak for yourself, mister!
I believe we are worth an infection!
Bahaha I wish we got that much attention...

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
ltyarbro42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2012, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
Unless the virus was written for webos code, nothing is going to happen. Why do you think all those windows based pc viruses don't bother Mac computers? And quite frankly, no hacker would bother taking the time to write a virus for webos. It's not worth the effort.
Funny, same reason was given as the reason Macs have less viruses. Wasn't worth the effort..

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
k4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2012, 06:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

I believe the OP understood that the Windows virus would not be compatible with the Linux-based TP, but the question was whether the virus infected computer could possibly have access to personal files when the TP is mounted as an external USB drive.

The answer is yes.
LizardWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2012, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
Funny, same reason was given as the reason Macs have less viruses. Wasn't worth the effort..
Even funnier is the fact that I got more viruses back in the Mac OS (classic) days than I ever got on Windows-based machines since.

I actually miss Mac OS. Does anyone know of a decent emulator?
p41m3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0