Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just noticed the front page of the app catalog has the new January WebOS magazine with some great app deals. I like how they are just cutting prices instead of always using a promo code. Seems more fair for everyone to get the sale price at least.
    i'm still waiting for december's one to turn up.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    you have to start the catalog app, close it, open it and repeat a few times before the new one shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    you have to start the catalog app, close it, open it and repeat a few times before the new one shows up.
    i've been doing that almost daily since december.

i'm not overly concerned about it.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    hm. maybe updates are location based then.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    hm. maybe updates are location based then.
    The magazine definitely is. (One of the previous ones even had Australian/NZ content for us down-under) It will come to most of the rest of us "in the coming months". . So they were silly enough to still put a date on the new one?
    Last edited by johncc; 01/11/2012 at 03:02 AM.
    LOL I still have the September issue on mine it refuses to update to anything newer I am in Canada if that means anything. Anyone else having the same problem?
    My catalog has been all over the place lately. About a week ago, I didn't even have Pivot. It just had a single webpage that was very basic. I wish I would have taken a screen shot.

I don't think that it is location based because when I use Tor Browser and it puts my ip address in Europe or Asia, I get the same result. I am in the US. I would think that it would change if it used the ip address for location. Although it might get the location based on where the Touchpad was registered which would not be good if you moved to a different country and then couldn't get the local apps.

Now I am stuck at July too when I was on November before the webpage thing showed up.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i see these silly november sport-girls for almost three months now, i don't look at the screen while opening app-catalog and tapping blind on "categories", so i don't habve to see them ....
    Ran the app catalog second time today... Got 2012 edition.
    The 2012 edition is live. It is available for US-English customers. TouchPad customers using different languages, or non-US App Catalog countries, will continue to see the “Sports Edition” of Pivot
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I see the January edition, what are the special prices?

Edit: Never mind, see the "App Special Deals".
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    is there any way to circumvent the title screen of the november pivot?
    i hate to see these silly girls, it's a shame to see them playing so unsportive and they are so ugly.
    Touchpadder likes this.
    I am in the US and I still see the July edition. I have never been updated to any other edition. What am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I'm in the UK and I still get the silly girls.
    I still had the December (Holiday) one. I re-oppened the catalog several times, and no change. So then I started flipping through the 'zine pages (drag from the right-side border), and after a couple pages it said the page was not available. I re-oppened the catalog and it's the January one.
    Quote Originally Posted by glopez33 View Post
    I am in the US and I still see the July edition. I have never been updated to any other edition. What am I doing wrong?
    I'm in Europe (NL), and I'm stuck with July as well (on a 4G).
    I am still confused and still at July. Mine was working through December then I got the webpage thing that I mentioned above and now July. The webpage seemed like it was before Pivot. It just was an app store page with links.

I saw above that it is supposed to be based on location. I am wondering how that is determined......by registration location or physical location by IP address. If my IP address is in another country other than the US (I'm in US) it doesn't change. So I am thinking that it might be based on where it was registered.

Could anybody that has the new one take a few screenshots? It would be nice to see what specials are there and more interesting, see if the same prices show up for the apps for people that don't have the latest one.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The 2012 edition is live. It is available for US-English customers. TouchPad customers using different languages, or non-US App Catalog countries, will continue to see the “Sports Edition” of Pivot
    What's so difficult in updating the Pivot for non-US app catalogs as well? If that's not possible, why not just get rid of it and have a steady opening page for the catalog instead...? This makes the catalog look unprofessional in my view..
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    The difficulty is that the editions' content is different - you can have a look at the past issues over there: Portfolio | The Science Project
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast