1.    #1  
    I purchased the advanced browser and like it a lot...except about 25% of the time, it fails to start. It just hangs on the splash screen. Other times it starts but I can't pull up my bookmarks or enter text into the URL field. Sometimes it will start ok on its own in a later session but occasionally I have to do a luna restart. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?
    I have noticed that once in a while. I never had to restart Luna, just kill the app and try again. I did notice that it seemed to happen more often as my bookmark count went up.

My thought is that it has something to do with the bookmark home page trying to update the thumbnails, but that is just a guess. I did delete some old bookmarks and the problem went away for a while but as I added more bookmarks in, it started to show up more often.
    Try turning off WiFi and turning it back on, sounds like a weak or dropped signal. I have had this happen when I have wifi off or not getting a good signal.

Never had to do a luna restart, toss card and reload. I even have the patch to make it my default browser and haven't had the problem. And this is say taking a link from Project Macaw, stock browser starts to launch, patch kills stock browser, opens advanced and loads URL. No Problems, like I said as long as I have wifi.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Try turning off WiFi and turning it back on, sounds like a weak or dropped signal. I have had this happen when I have wifi off or not getting a good signal.

Never had to do a luna restart, toss card and reload. I even have the patch to make it my default browser and haven't had the problem. And this is say taking a link from Project Macaw, stock browser starts to launch, patch kills stock browser, opens advanced and loads URL. No Problems, like I said as long as I have wifi.
    Ditto and it does have something to do with loading up the tiled bookmarks. I take it as an omen to get better internet before proceeding.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Did anybody experience AB working better since the 3.0.5 update? Since then I have not had the problem. They may have updated something in the stock browser. I am pretty sure that AB is built off of that. What I am not sure is if it uses the same files or if it has it's own set.

Anyway, just wondering.