1.    #1  
    Hello,

I was trying to enter promo code for an app yesterday but, TP won't let me enter it at all. Even before it lets me enter the code, little window (showing promo code/purchase) disappears. App says it's purchasing but nothing's happening. I tried few times, still the same.

Is anyone having same issue? Any solution?

Thank you!!
    Did you add a credit card to your account? I've heard the promo box won't show unless you add a card first.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Did you add a credit card to your account? I've heard the promo box won't show unless you add a card first.
    Of course!

I didn't have any problem entering promo code before and now all of a sudden it's not working!

But, thank you for the reply though!

Wish you a great day!
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I remember seeing an article on the front pages of webos nations a couple of weeks ago about the promo codes due that are due to expire very soon. You may want to flick through them to see if yours are still valid?

I never received any (firesale buyer) so did not pay much attention. It may help you though
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytablet View Post
    Of course!

I didn't have any problem entering promo code before and now all of a sudden it's not working!

But, thank you for the reply though!

Wish you a great day!
    It's evening here already, and your wish comes about 10 hours late.
    Bummer...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
    I remember seeing an article on the front pages of webos nations a couple of weeks ago about the promo codes due that are due to expire very soon. You may want to flick through them to see if yours are still valid?

I never received any (firesale buyer) so did not pay much attention. It may help you though
    Doesn't matter whether the promo code is valid or not.

My problem is that I just can't enter the promo code!
    Every time I try to enter promo code by touching that option from the little window, it disappears!

Well, I guess I'll never get a free app from now on...? LOL
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    It's evening here already, and your wish comes about 10 hours late.
    Bummer...
    Maybe my wish was 12 hours early??

Just kiddin'

Have a wonderful evening! ^^
    Doesn't matter whether the promo code is valid or not.

My problem is that I just can't enter the promo code!
    Every time I try to enter promo code by touching that option from the little window, it disappears!

Well, I guess I'll never get a free app from now on...? LOL

Just copy this link in your Browser or in just type, but make sure you paste your promo code dashes and all, after the Equals symbol

http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?promocode=

You could also add a plugin to just type

Hi community,

I've built an opensearch search-plugin, that opens the appcatalog with the searchterm as the promocode. You can install the search-plugin by visiting the following page with your webOS Device:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13135979/promoplugin.htm

Install the search-plugin from the notification and choose the installed engine from the list of websearches when you paste a promocode into Just Type.

So copy a Promocode, paste into Just Type, choose the installed plugin from the list of websearches and the appcatalog launches with the promocode.

cheers,
    Proximity

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Did it work ?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Also the behavior you are experiencing has happened to me if I tap too quick after I tap promo code. Any tap outside of the promo code box closes the promo code box. Used to do this all the time with the weekly free apps, when I was in a rush.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...