Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Wheel_nut
  • 1 Post By greg90
  • 2 Post By Wheel_nut
  1.    #1  
    Hello..., thank you in advance for your patience. I have a HP Touchpad that I would like to use to import pictures from a camera or SD Card Reader. I have done the searches and tried to piece together from all of the technical talk..., but I just don't get it.....

If someone could be kind enough to spell it out for me I would greatly appreciate it:

Step 1 - - Plug Cable _____ into ______
    Step 2 - - Plug Cable _____ into ______
    Etc...

Can anyone help?
    Everything you need to know about doing this is here:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...e-kbd-etc.html
    diamond_dave likes this.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Simple (and fastest) way.
    1. Get your camera's images onto your PC.
    2. Plug TouchPad's USB cable into PC and just drag/drop images over to a folder the TP.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for the quick responses...., I forgot to mention I do not want to use a pc to do this..., I have checked out the first post..., but as I mentioned I am a newbie to this and don't have the technical knowledge like others in the forum.

Please keep the suggestions coming.
    Thank you
  5.    #5  
    Not sure if I will wear out my welcome..., I have printed out the post highlighted by Wheel_Nut and checked out the New Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide post by ncinerate...., but still feel like this may be too technical for me.

I will be attempting to update my touchpad this weekend and trying the various methods..., but if anyone has anything else that may help this newbie - - it is appreciate.

Thank you again
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I know you do not want to use a PC but there are several software solutions that let you wirelessly transfer files from a PC to a TouchPad (Wifi Media Sync & Wifi TouchPad File Browser/Uploader to name two). Also I believe (have not tried) that you can use the Box Application & Dropbox to get photos on your TouchPad. The only direct method appears to be the method mentioned by Wheel_nut.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  7.    #7  
    I have already made a mistake - - as I set a password in Developer Mode, so it now appears I will need to do a full Web OS Doctor reset...., this is going to be more challenging than I thought
    back to the original topic....has anyone tried one of those eye-fi cards for this purpose? Or, for Olympus camera users, their PenPal device?

for those who will suggest wireless solutions incorporating a pc, I think the idea is to be able to do this away from the pc.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_dave View Post
    I have already made a mistake - - as I set a password in Developer Mode, so it now appears I will need to do a full Web OS Doctor reset...., this is going to be more challenging than I thought
    Diamond_Dave, I strongly recommend that you persevere with installing Preware. It brings the TouchPad to life and enables many of the functions and features that differentiate the TouchPad from all of the other Tablets out there.
    ArchonAdvisors and Rnp like this.
  10.    #10  
    Wheel Net - - I got it THANK YOU!

My next question is after installing Preware onto the Touchpad - - how long does it take to open? The screen almost seems locked on "Reading Saved Package List" and the spinning circle.

I am letting it run, but it amost seems like this is taking too long - - i have let it go for 1-2 hours?
    Oh, yeah, that's too long. It should take about ten seconds. Minimize the card and swipe it away. Then restart your TP and see if that fixes it. Let us know what happens.
  12.    #12  
    That was it Kate..., shut down and restarted with no problems. Thanks.

Now that I have the TP updated and ready to go..., I will attempt Wheel Nut's original suggestions to move the pics without the use of a PC

This forum has been a great help.
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond_dave View Post
    Not sure if I will wear out my welcome..., I have printed out the post highlighted by Wheel_Nut and checked out the New Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide post by ncinerate...., but still feel like this may be too technical for me.

I will be attempting to update my touchpad this weekend and trying the various methods..., but if anyone has anything else that may help this newbie - - it is appreciate.

Thank you again
    Dave....I have just bought a Versus Touchpad 7 from PC World for 89.00...not sure what the HP Touchpad is like but on mine, in the space of about 5 minutes, I plugged in my Nikon Compact camera to the Touchpad and it came up with the option to import files from the camera to the tablet. It don't get much simpler than that! Give it a try!!!!!
    I have abandoned my SLR and now take all my photo's straight from the Touchpad. Problem solved, easy ;-)