Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    Tired of the complaining?? Think the grass is always greener....

Hang out in this thread instead!!

Name some WebOS features and Apps that just fill you with delight.

Go ahead, bring the most obscure ones, the most common ones....

Come one, come all.

For instance, here's an obscure one:

my movie sitting on the Pogoplug was disconnecting every half hour on my WD TV live streaming, causing me to go back into WD TV settings and reconnect. Finally, I grabbed my TouchPad, opened up the BHome UPnP app, tapped on the PogoPlug server and the movie resumed play.
    Filled me with...Delight!
    daffy4u and Rnp like this.
    Just Type. I never realized how convenient it was until I tried having my daughter try it on her Android phone -

I also love the Touchstone, slingshotting programs, and Skype.
    bluenote likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Alrighty, here's another one. Lent my Veer to business partner while he travels in the Andes. Veer is working like a champ, picking up signals and reliably making calls and sending emails while he travels across mountains and bodies of water, while his VZW loaner Blackberry sits dark and floundering.

Gave him TouchPad as a present and he was also delighted to see that the TouchPad kindle app displayed his borrowed library ebooks, the Deluxe Podcatcher app swooped up his podcasts for later listening, KalemSoft played his movies, Rockus sound machine lured him to sleep on the plane. Usually a technology grouch, those emails and texts from him had exclamation points of delight, quite amazing.
    It's gotta be the Preware Patch infrastructure too.. delightful.. and effective, indeed!

(And the Angry Birds Audio on 'upside down card' swiping to delete!) LoL.

Vistaus and xandros9 like this.
    small thing but ... i love how webos displays the calling country of an unkown number based on the country code :P
  6.    #6  
    Here's another one, the op in this thread is thrilled to find that Sirius now streams from his browser:

Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    Just had to post a positive.. god love my touchpad!!

I've been unable to login on my home pc to sirius's web player for weeks now.. frustrated I just tried my TP and it streams flawless!!
    Sirius now on touchpad!!!!
    I crack a grin every time Android users see me effortlessly flipping between apps, and actually multitasking
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Vistaus and Balooz like this.
    Some of my favoutites are already mentioned …

I like Project Macaw a real lot and setting up my own virtual keyboard layout ist also great. On the phones it’s the gesture area.
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    I have two favorites of touchpad/webOS: 1) the Touchstone and 2) the cards.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

• As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    stacks
    The whole thing. :-)

Multitasking
    touchstone
    on Pre3, keyboard
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Swiping up for launcher, throwing away cards, switching between cards (using gesture area on phone). Basically never having to use a button (physical or touchscreen) to launch or close an app.

Homebrew, plain and simple. Open OS modification (Developer Mode), webosinternals, jason robatille.... soon to be open sourced (time for me to learn C I guess).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    As for apps, I spend a bunch of time in Zite. It has transformed the way I get news.

I love the cards UI and the ability to flip through apps.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Touchstone charging!
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Touchstone completely changes everything. No more fiddling with stupid, fragile little plugs. More important though is Ambient Information! I love glancing over to see updates displayed in Exhibition.

Using cards and multitasking is simply delightful and flicking cards off the screen is downright FUN!

WebOS is the only 'mobile' OS I can easily see scaling to desktop use. With proper keyboard and mouse support, the metaphor of cards would allow people to rock it on a big screen.

Also, Just Type. I use it so frequently that it makes it diffict to use other systems.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Love my webOS completley! Everything about it has and is awesome. Right from my first pre- to my TP. The interface, the stacks, gesture area. and All the things the other os's cant do! The looks I get of intrege when I start swiping, fllicking and actual multitasking from other tablet users who are thinking mine cant do that! As far as Apps go? who cares about a million apps that are worthless and just half *** put together. I dont need a bazillion apps on my TP. I like it just the way it is. All I have to do is find its companian the pre 3 one day! I love my TPad. Its awesome for my Food and Beverage industry, Chef work I have to do without setting up a laptop!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    playing mah jong while at work!!
    I want some Android/IOS lover to tell me how to top the following:

I've got my phone (a Sprintified Pre2) running Timepiece while in the background I've got Pandora playing (through external speakers of course), freeTether (so my Touchpad can surf the net), I can send and answer my texts on my Touchpad, make and answer phone calls, watch Netflix through Splashtop Remote (when I'm not home), answer & create emails, edit documents with Quickoffice, etc etc.

Never need to pick my phone, just access my Touchpad.

Please, somebody top this. And having a billion apps is not an answer! This is why I can't go to another platform. webOS has spoiled me! Why couldn't HP continue to see this?!
    Balooz likes this.
    the contact apps 'contact reminder' feature, popping up when phoning,messaging,mailing with a person reminding me of bringing, fetching, paying, telling, talking about something.
    This really saved my live a dozen times.

Would be great if it would pop up sooner on calling somebody (as soon as dialing out) and apps should be able to add text to this reminder.
    How about that most awesome app " Splashtop " i dont know how many times i needed something of my pc or laptop and BAM, Splashtop was there to save me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast