1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    Netflix UK has just launched - anyone tried it on their touchpad? Does it work?
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    OK - I'll answer my own question - it doesn't work. :-(
    When i tried last night it said it was coming soon to uk and they would email us when its ready.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    When i tried last night it said it was coming soon to uk and they would email us when its ready.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It went live this morning - works fine on my PC, PS3 and when I boot into Android - however if you try to use the Touchpad browser you simply loop around a specification screen that tells you that you need a PC or similar device.
    ah yeah just seen, seems to rely on the Microsoft Silverlight plugin for web browsers unless you have some nativeish app to handle it all.
    It doesn't play on the TP in the U.S. either. I use Splashtop from my TP and desktop.
    tried using ubuntu on the touchpad, installed moonlight + chromeium plugins etc, still no joy, got the compatability info still.

Is this just failing due to not having a detected os it wants, ie: it reports only windows or mac or a chrome os netbook, is everythign else just auto rejected?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 01/09/2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Netflix needs specific DRM which isn't available with the moonlight plugin, it needs real silverlight or a dedicated app which only they can provide.
    It is the OS level that is the problem. That, in fact, is the only reason I installed Android. Netflix app.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    No, it's not the OS-level, it's the DRM like crabbz said.
    works fine on my Touchpad...

when it's not booted into webOS.

(into that "other" OS which is not
    allowed to be mentioned here)