1.    #1  
    I followed the Start up guide and everything has worked fine. I was wanting to switch Hulu off, but now when I do everything in the guide again it says "There are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device to continue", when I start WebOS Quick Install.

I have made sure to switch developer mode on. Then I plugged it in. I have made sure to click CLOSE when asked if I wanted the USB Drive (although I did choose USB Drive once just to see if my PC recognized it then, and it did). I have tried reinstalling Novacom. I have rebooted both my PC and Touchpad. And I have tried different USBs, but still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecutter Cat View Post
    I followed the Start up guide and everything has worked fine. I was wanting to switch Hulu off, but now when I do everything in the guide again it says "There are no devices currently connected. Please connect a device to continue", when I start WebOS Quick Install.

I have made sure to switch developer mode on. Then I plugged it in. I have made sure to click CLOSE when asked if I wanted the USB Drive (although I did choose USB Drive once just to see if my PC recognized it then, and it did). I have tried reinstalling Novacom. I have rebooted both my PC and Touchpad. And I have tried different USBs, but still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
    For the record, the only official WOSQI guide is http://bit.ly/wosqi-guide

Are you on Windows? You could try rebooting your touchpad while still plugged in via usb (though not in USB Mode).
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I am using Windows 7. I have not tried rebooting with the USB still plugged up. Do I leave it in Developer Mode too while rebooting, or do i turn off Developer Mode and then reboot?

edit: I left Developer Mode on and restarted the Touchpad with the USB still plugged up and it still isn't being recognized.

edit 2: I turned Developer Mode off and restarted the Touchpad with the USB still plugged in and still nothing. Also, I restarted my PC with the USB plugged in and got the same thing. And, finally; I uninstalled and installed the latest version of Java, and no luck. I am not sure why this isn't working.
    Last edited by Stonecutter Cat; 01/09/2012 at 04:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Windows usb has always been weird. Sometimes plugging it into a different USB port will resolve your problem. Leave it in Developer's mode if you reboot.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  5.    #5  
    I appreciate you guys help.

I tried rebooting it in Developers mode, and it didn't help. I also have 6 different USB ports and tried them all. Still wouldn't recognize. I guess I am stuck. I am not sure whats happening as everywhere I look it says to try the stuff I've tried. Bummer.
    Are those 6 USB ports external hub ports?
    If so you could try removing the hub and plugging the USB from the TP striaght into the PC port.. and then re-booting both?

I always try to use the same actual port for the TP, as it seems to prevent Windows freaking out and pretending that there is nothing to recognise!

7.    #7  
    Unfortunately they are not external. I only have a couple that are free, but since I was having problems this morning, I unplugged everything else, and tried them all.

I have an OLD laptop with XP and I guess later when I get a chance, I'll try that. I've run out of ideas at this point.