Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Has anyone had any luck getting "personal documents" (e.g., Word files, PDFs) into the Kindle app? The iOS Kindle app has a send-to-Kindle email address you can use to add documents to your Kindle library, but this doesn't work on the webOS version (I've left feedback with Amazon about this and recommend others do too).

I haven't tried side-loading files onto the device yet.
    The way I understand it, you can email personal docs from any email program to your kindle email (look into your amazon account under kindle to find the email for your account). Then that document will show up on your Kindle device (Kindle fire etc) but would not show up on other tablets. Unless something has changed, this excludes you from being able to send personal docs to the kindle app on the ipad, TouchPad etc.

If you want to read the document via the kindle app on your touchpad, I believe it has to be converted to mobi format (use Calibre program). Then you ask Calibre to send it to the TouchPad hard drive. After its on the TouchPad hard drive, you can use the homebrew Kindle Import program to put it into your kindle app. I'm not sure how nice the document will look after its been imported to mobi.

If you just want to access the document, I suppose you could upload it to amazon cloud service or to boxnet etc and the touchpad browser (or touchpad boxnet app) would be able to get it from those services and read it via quickoffice, picsel smart office, adobe pdf reader etc.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Ok, good to know the files can be imported then, albeit not very smoothly. Ironically, the Kindle app seems to have annotation features that Picsel and Quickoffice don't have, so that's why I was hoping to get the docs into Kindle. I need to be able to make comments and link the comments to specific blocks of text, as can be done in Word.

Thanks!