Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes
    but worst of all must be the stupid emulator that works with phone apps,
    I like it but why couldn't they make it atleast 3/4 the size of the screen.

This i think made some Devs no reason to actually update their app fully for the touchpad and just enable it to launch in the crappy emulator.
    trowany and Joeb2751 like this.
    agreed on the editing with cut and paste- very difficult
    How about the speakers that become distorted and scratchy- any patches for this?
    gderoiste likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlothSprint View Post
    Browser not returning to same spot when you return to a page.
    I HATE that when I refresh, it jumps back to the top again. This couple with the lack of good scrollbars makes it even worse.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelclicker View Post
    agreed on the editing with cut and paste- very difficult
    How about the speakers that become distorted and scratchy- any patches for this?
    Yup, I never had that issue until the 3.0.4 updated. What's the Word on 3.0.5 is that ever coming?
    and the screen lock when playing videos
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    totally spellcheck and autocorrect
    Quote Originally Posted by chronoreverse View Post
    I HATE that when I refresh, it jumps back to the top again. This couple with the lack of good scrollbars makes it even worse.
    Added to that, for me is the frequent problem that when I am swiping to increase the text size of a link, the TP will somehow take that as a command to refresh the page (which then leaves me with greatly expanded text at the TOP of the page, often very far away from the text I wanted to expand, at which point I need to swipe the text back to default size just so I can find my way back to the original spot on the page where I had wanted to expand...
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    but worst of all must be the stupid emulator that works with phone apps,
    I like it but why couldn't they make it atleast 3/4 the size of the screen.

This i think made some Devs no reason to actually update their app fully for the touchpad and just enable it to launch in the crappy emulator.
    The emulator is only slightly more bad than the one built into iOS. That's saying something.

I haven't had any problems with using other Bluetooth keyboards besides the HP one, though I do prefer that one.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by EndOfLevelBoss View Post
    Most annoying TouchPad feature for you?
    Usually the user.
    I wish there was a better music player like a "Winamp" app. To have my mp3s, flac, and all my streaming radio in just one player would be great. And add the "Coverflow" option, plus maybe also "Milkdrop" for animations while music is in playback mode. This would be nice indeed.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I hate the copy/cut/paste on the TP. On the phones, and previously in PalmOS, this works great, which just highlights how flawed it is on the TP.

My second gripe may be for the apps or the TP itself, I'm not sure. When a game, or app, forces landscape the speakers are always on the bottom. This makes them sound worse then they are.
    I hate when I switch from using the external speakers to using headphones (or vice versa) and the sound goes away completely. The only way I've been able to get the sound to work again is to completely close the app and start over again. Is this just my problem with my touchpad or is this a common problem? If yes, is this something that can be fixed in the next release?

Note: After I wrote the above I did some research and found that I could install the homebrew app through preware called PulseAudio Restarter and it seems to work pretty well in getting the audio going again. It sounds like this has been a popular topic in the past. Here's a link to some information on it:
    http://www.webosnation.com/homebrew-...udio-restarter
    Last edited by DallasGG; 01/09/2012 at 12:01 PM.
    the most annoying tp is that you cant charge your device over usb port. I know it would take forever to charge over usb port, but in case of emergency that would be nice to be more flexible about input volt and amp.

i believe when my charger die, my tp would be useless. Even my blackberry charge which using same port cannot charge it.
    Quote Originally Posted by azrielnation View Post
    the most annoying tp is that you cant charge your device over usb port. I know it would take forever to charge over usb port, but in case of emergency that would be nice to be more flexible about input volt and amp.

i believe when my charger die, my tp would be useless. Even my blackberry charge which using same port cannot charge it.
    This has been solved in the TP Accessories Forum for both Wall Chargers and Car Chargers.

See here for Wall Charger solutions:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ompatible.html
    Last edited by Wheel_nut; 01/09/2012 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Added link to Wall Charger solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by azrielnation View Post

You are correct.. the TP will charge slowly over USB (with screen 'off').. isn't this OK for 'an emergency'?

'When' your charger dies, hopefully you should be able to buy another at a fair price for a long time into the future.. so your TP need not die or become useless!

Also see here for good alternative 12v DC 'emergency' car charger systems too:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ouchpad-7.html

Speaker cracks......since Everyone will have them....It's a feature! :-)
    but I tend to use earbuds
    most disliked in order of repugnance
    1. Primitive integration with the Veer ...HP has a real winner with the Veer but they need to improve its linking to the Touchpad, particularly the telephone (though with earbuds it does well)
    TTS if at all possible should be implemented as it was supposed to be a feature & some means of sharing GPS in near real time would be great
    2. No gesture area drives me nuts coming from the first Sprint Pre & using my Veer as my main cellphone since shortly after its release on ATT
    3. Scroll bars would be helpful, but they need an elegant implementation in WebOS
    4. HP needs more of the 64 GB TP with telephone & GPS ...I'd get one in a NY minute if it came in at under $1K
    Quote Originally Posted by dan-o View Post
    totally spellcheck and autocorrect
    I finally turned it off. Now, It doesn't give me any problems.

The browser ls not as fast as it could be for me.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by old_geekster View Post
    I finally turned it off. Now, It doesn't give me any problems.

The browser ls not as fast as it could be for me.

Good!

Browser -
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12