Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By carldc
  1.    #1  
    Why does my Touchpad now go, "wheeee!" when I fling a card away!

It is great, but what is causing the Angry Bird sound effects?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    it's an easter egg in webOS that only occurs when the Touchpad is in upside-down landscape and you throw away the card in the catapult pullback-release style
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Ok, cool. Thanks!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Take THAT Apple! Try doing THAT with an eye-pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    Take THAT Apple! Try doing THAT with an eye-pad.
    Just wondering, what was the point of calling it an "eye-pad" over an "iPad" ?

is "eye-pad" some kind of insult or joke that i'm missing out on (not again)
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    mine was whee'd on by my pet the other day g'damnit! Totally screwed it up! Had it less than three months. I guess my pet knows more than I thought about the TP.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Just wondering, what was the point of calling it an "eye-pad" over an "iPad" ?

is "eye-pad" some kind of insult or joke that i'm missing out on (not again)
    Nothing in particular. Just good-natured ribbing. Though you have to admit that you can't fling an app off an iPad screen -- let alone hear it go "Wheeeee!"
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Adyuga likes this.
    <<thread cleaned>> Please stay on-topic and helpful. Thanks
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Because it can!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I have never been able to make this work. I hear the usual whoosh sound, but no wheee. Probably a user issue on my part...but I am left feeling somewhat hollow as a result. Wow that really paints a bad picture...lol.
    Turn the touchpad in landscape mode

Make sure the speakers are at the top and home button is at the left

On any open app, instead of swiping up and away, grab & hold the app... Pull down towards the launcher icons..

Let the laughing and glee ensue :-P (CRANK UP THE VOLUME!!)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Anyway to replace this for use on every card throw away. like on a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    Why does my Touchpad now go, "wheeee!" when I fling a card away!
    because you're holding it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NoICon View Post
    I have never been able to make this work. I hear the usual whoosh sound, but no wheee.
    because you're not holding it wrong.

The normal landscape orientation is center-button to the right, power/volume/headphone to the left. No "wheeee!" in this orientation. But if you hold it wrong, with the center-button to the left, power/volume/headphone to the right, then (and only then) slingshot a card by dragging it to the bottom of the screen and letting it go, you will hear the angry birds stretch-and-launch effect.
    discovered this on my own, then couldn't make it happen again. Thought it was a fluke until another TP owner showed it to me, but didn't know why. I searched here and found out it was an easter egg and only work with the speakers UP. That was 5 mos ago. I know some people think building these into things is a waste of time, but A. it doesn't take much to do and B it's fun finding them.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoICon View Post
    I have never been able to make this work. I hear the usual whoosh sound, but no wheee. Probably a user issue on my part...but I am left feeling somewhat hollow as a result. Wow that really paints a bad picture...lol.
    Make sure you pull the card far down on the screen before you let go. I couldn't get the "wheee" sound initially either because I wasn't pulling down far enough.

Other notable devices:
    Windows laptops: Asus VivoBook X202E (Windows 8), HP Pavilion g4-1215dx (Windows 7)
    Chromebooks: Samsung Chromebook XE303
    I believe that you also need to have an Angry Birds installed - pre-release it worked in all directions with or without AB installed, but got scaled back for release plus copyright issues....

edc
    This is to completely kill the app, e.g if you did this to the twitter app, then you wouldn't get any more notifications.
    Two comments...

1 - No need to have Angry Birds Installed. I don't and it does.

2 - Obviously this little app is going home
    (hint - Wheee Wheee Whee all the way home)