1.    #1  
    Hello

Is there any way to install fresh WebOS Image! That will factory reset device, back fresh WebOS and remove all my patches that I forget to remove before full erase! I tryed to downgrade from 3.0.4 to 3.0.0 and tought that my pathces will be removed but they are all there
    yes, and its called the webOS doctor.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
  3.    #3  
    So, is there any way to install original WebOS that will remove all my pathces I left?
  4.    #5  
    I dont need Doctor! I need information is there any way to install fresh/original WebOS on my TP!
    The answer is the doctor. If you can't understand that you shouldn't be homebrew or you are trolling.
  6.    #7  
    I doctored my TouchPad couple of time...from 3.0.4 to 3.0.0...then from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2 but all my patches I left are there!
    Go into Device Info, Reset Options and do a full erase or factory reset (can't remember what it is called). Then doctor it to the version you want.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Doctoring you TouchPad is how you reinstall the OS to original. The link above provides you access to past OS versions. If you do not know how to use then visit the guide for new owners: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Other utilities will help remove patches. In PreWare find emergency patch recovery that removes pieces of patches prior to reinstalling new. This is not restoring the OS to original.

If this is not helpful, perhaps you need to explain your issue more including what your goal is and what steps you have taken and what problems remain.
    Quote Originally Posted by shallemne View Post
    I doctored my TouchPad couple of time...from 3.0.4 to 3.0.0...then from 3.0.0 to 3.0.2 but all my patches I left are there!
    Go to Device Info app.

In Device Info app go to Reset Options. (Red button)

Perform Full Erase. This will erase EVERYTHING on your Touchpad including the USB partition.

Your profile and apps will reinstall though.
    Quote Originally Posted by shallemne View Post
    one way to remove patches is to list all the patches u have done in ur device and then reapply all the patches again and then try to remove them one by one ..i hope it should work ...still dont know if it works for everybody but its working for me on my PRE 2...also there is no harm in doing this ..u can first check for only one patch to begin with if it works ..u can continue...
    EPR or emergency patch remover should do the trick. google it.
    Yes EPR or emergency patch remover will also work..you can find it in Preware\linux application\utilities ...
    but after using EPR it may not allow to do any fresh patches as it happened with me ..u may need to do full erase from device info option and then patches will start working again..
    What confuses people after a Doctor is that the patch information file that tells Preware what patches you have installed remains (I forget what the file is called). This file is stored on the /media/internal partition which is not cleared by the Doctor. However, the patches are not actually installed - webOS is completely stock. It's just that Preware *thinks* the patches are installed.

I wonder if it would be good for Preware to have an option to delete the patch information, along with suitable warnings that it is meant to be used ONLY after doctoring?