Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I haven't been able to find this addressed in another thread. I keep my Gmail accounts signed out of chat, yet realized recently that I have been shown as constantly connected to my email contacts due to Touchpad Synergy. By searching my Gmail for 'chat' I discovered conversations that people attempted to start fruitlessly with me going back to August that have been archived in my email.

Has anyone else experienced this or have ideas how to stop this from happening? The only account I have active under the Messaging app is Skype, and the email app itself doesn't provide options for interacting with Gchat.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    You might try going into Accounts and turning off Messaging for the Google account in question. It's kind of kludgy because you'll have to turn it back on whenever you do want to use Gchat, but it'd probably prevent you from erroneously appearing online in the meantime.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Synergy is very buggy is all I can say. sometimes when i use skype chat through synergy, it shows online contacts - offline. Or even does not sync some of my contacts properly. Worse is the skype app which is buggy as hell
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bart1967 View Post
    You might try going into Accounts and turning off Messaging for the Google account in question. It's kind of kludgy because you'll have to turn it back on whenever you do want to use Gchat, but it'd probably prevent you from erroneously appearing online in the meantime.
    Thanks for the idea as I hadn't tried that. Unfortunately my Gmail accounts are both already set to 'off' under Accounts so it must be something else or just a bug in Synergy.
    I've had this issue too. I never fixed it, but now I have an android phone, so I actually am always on Gchat. If you find a fix, please let me know.