Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Editor02
  1.    #1  
    Just got a new Touchpad (3.0.4), had it synced up with my Pre 2 running 2.2.4 to mirror SMS...which was working fine, but now I'm not getting the notifications on the Touchpad.

I was at one stage, but now the phone will go off for a text, but the touchpad will not. The message will come in to the touchpad, but no notification of it at the top right corner.

I checked in the Message Preferences on the Touchpad, and Notifications ARE turned on.

Any ideas? Could it be a patch being uncooperative? Am I going to have to resort to a doctor? Or preferably, is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I would try eliminating some of your patches. You have to remember patches aren't always tested in every situation and nine times out of ten when there's something screwy going on its gonna be one of the patches that's just not working right with your particular setup. More times than not all it takes is just some back tracking and a lil' trial and error to figure out that its just something someone installed and removing a particular patch makes it all good again.
  3.    #3  
    I don't have any messaging patches :/ usually it has to be a patch related to the app in question

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    no, you're right. Usually yes, it could be another patch though. Its really hard to say. I would just start eliminating any patch one at a time just to be sure though. You never know for sure. Either that or I would just say screw it and doctor it. (if it was happening with mine) just keep fiddling with it. That's the best way to figure it out.
  5.    #5  
    Fair enough. Thanks for your help Balooz. I turned off the option for messaging notifications, rebooted and turned it back on which fixed it, but I know someone else who has the issue so if it happens again, I'll start killing off patches till I'm satisfied :-P Thanks again

Balooz likes this.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Im glad it was an easy fix! That is always good! Now I know also what needs to be done when and if I come across the problem!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    Im glad it was an easy fix! That is always good! Now I know also what needs to be done when and if I come across the problem!
    Hope you don't have to come across it, but yep, all you need to do is that!
    The message sharing stuff seemed quite .. fiddly and non-cooperative for the first several hours I had it enabled, but it's been quite rock solid ever since, except when the phone is actually not connected via Bluetooth, even though the icon shows that it is.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    The message sharing stuff seemed quite .. fiddly and non-cooperative for the first several hours I had it enabled, but it's been quite rock solid ever since, except when the phone is actually not connected via Bluetooth, even though the icon shows that it is.
    It was better than I was afraid it would be, but I agree, when it drops out of bluetooth range, it gets a tad annoying because messages aren't always synced, only when messages are received and sent while paired.

I also found getting the notifications on both devices annoying when I'm messaging from the touchpad right next to the Pre 2. Maybe a patch will surface that when the bluetooth sharing is on, notifications will be temporarily off :/ Maybe I should request that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Maybe a patch will surface that when the bluetooth sharing is on, notifications will be temporarily off :/ Maybe I should request that.
    Good idea. You can achieve this using mode switcher if you don't want to wait for a patch. When bluetooth is connected to your TP the alert for messages can either be silent or vibrate.

Since new messages sometimes don't show up or alert you when using the TP, I have mine set to vibrate.
  11.    #11  
    The visual notifications are annoying too, if you have a full conversation, you can get stacks of them

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    ... I turned off the option for messaging notifications, rebooted and turned it back on which fixed it...
    THIS was the answer for mine. Thanks given.

This should be on the list of known fixes.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.