1.    #1  
    Hi,

I installed Ubuntu using the method here: UbuntuChroot - WebOS Internals and I also installed CM7.1 Android on my touchpad. I wanted to reset it completed and I followed every tutorial. The one on the wiki, I even manually recreated my partition but I couldnt recover more than 8.4GB. I dont know what to do. My touchpad says memory: 16GB but Available 8.4GB. When I plug it in windows tells me it has 8.63GB total. What happened to my other 6-7GB?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/03/2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: link updated
    Noticed the same thing happend to my TP the other day. What I ended up doing was connecting it to my Windows PC and once the device was found, I opened it up and went to folder options and clicked show all files/hidden files and there was a folder named ".trash". I clicked on it to view it's properties and noticed that there was about 7GB's of unused data in there. Deleted it and it was all good after that.

Sorry if my method doesn't go step by step through each action, but I'm typing this on my phone and am only recalling this through memory. Sorry. -_-;
    Download a program called "gparted". Burn it to a disc and boot from it on your PC. Plug your TP in and look at the partitions that are still on the TP.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryushe View Post
    Noticed the same thing happend to my TP the other day. What I ended up doing was connecting it to my Windows PC and once the device was found, I opened it up and went to folder options and clicked show all files/hidden files and there was a folder named ".trash". I clicked on it to view it's properties and noticed that there was about 7GB's of unused data in there. Deleted it and it was all good after that.

Sorry if my method doesn't go step by step through each action, but I'm typing this on my phone and am only recalling this through memory. Sorry. -_-;
    Thanks for the response! I dont have a folder called .trash . All I have is:

.palm
    .sysservice
    .temp
    .wallpapers
    downloads
    music
    ringtones
    wallpapers
    .developer

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Download a program called "gparted". Burn it to a disc and boot from it on your PC. Plug your TP in and look at the partitions that are still on the TP.
    Is there any way around that? I dont have any blank cds! (I can get some on monday, but I would like to fix it now).
    Do you have a linux LiveCD of any sort? If you do, you can boot it up and install GParted in the live environment. You can also memboot the TP using files from the Doctor and manually repartiton everything. There are instructions on webOS Internals and maybe Rootzwiki. After that, Doctor and you should be good to go.

Hint: if you are using memboot, download the .jar version of Doctor, open it with a Zip archiver, find webos.tar, and there should be a .uImage withing the .tar. Feed that to the TP in Recovery Mode.