1.    #1  
    Recently someone dropped my touchpad and the corner of the screen cracked everything works but I can't get any input from the top half of my screen. Would replacing the LCD fix this? If so what r my best options? Thanks!
    Check out techrepublic.com. They have a teardown showing taking a TP apart and showing the components. Honestly though, I think you'd be better off sending it to HP for repair. With devices like this where stuff is glued and snapped together rather than just using screws there's a bigger risk of you breaking something or not being able to get it all back together properly.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I dropped mine also. Found a replacement screen on eBay, and followed the tear-down from ifixit.com. It wasn't too bad - actually easier than replacing my iPhone screen.

Marcedhk is right though; I did have to remove some adhesive and re-doublesided tape here and there. Worth the effort, IMO, but it did require some time and attention to detail...
    Quote Originally Posted by cml21 View Post
    I dropped mine also. Found a replacement screen on eBay, and followed the tear-down from ifixit.com. It wasn't too bad - actually easier than replacing my iPhone screen.

Marcedhk is right though; I did have to remove some adhesive and re-doublesided tape here and there. Worth the effort, IMO, but it did require some time and attention to detail...
    How terrible was it actually? I have experience replacing iPhone screens and they're not terribly too bad, just a pain (figuratively and literally with broken glass). Were the clips holding down the screen easy to break as the iFixIt guide claims or is that a result of carelessness/unexpectedness? Also, you wouldn't happen to have hi-res photos of the insides, would you? I want to transplant a TouchPad 4G screen into a WiFi TouchPad and get the WiFi TouchPad serviced with the faulty screen. I am aware of the minor differences in 4G and non-4G.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by cml21 View Post

Which screen from eBay did you buy the one I got doesn't work well most of the screen is unresponsive
    Look for TopTongueBarry in the forums here about more detail on teardown/rebuilds. He's running a side business fixing TouchPads, he would probably be a good person to ask. As for the clips, I believe they are just REALLY easy to break, even if you are being careful.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel