Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By bluenote
  • 2 Post By gerzhwin
  • 1 Post By wildefalcon
  1.    #1  
    Nice to see it recognized in a nationally read newspaper

10 Tech Wishes for 2012 - WSJ.com

8. The return of HP's WebOS

After killing it off along with their TouchPad tablet, HP announced in early December that WebOS would be given to the open source community, meaning hardware manufacturers could choose to use it on their own devices instead of, say, Android. I'm rooting for a healthy second life, as it was an elegant, easy-to-use operating system for smartphones and tablets that was never given a real chance.
    Artichoke, Rnp and Eigan like this.
    ha! don't they mean "healthy THIRD life"?

I did like number 10.

10. A real reason to use Google+

Social networking doesn't need to be all about Twitter and Facebook, but until Google+ gives folks a real reason to use it—other than the fact that it's not Twitter and Facebook—mainstream social networking in 2012 is still going to be about, you guessed it, Twitter and Facebook.
    So true! I deleted my G+ profile a month ago and haven't looked back.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I'd much rather see Diaspora released to the public (right now it's still in alpha testing) to general acclaim than see Google+ gain any more of a foothold whatsoever.

Diaspora is built around you controlling your own information, not someone else using you as a product to sell to advertisers. www.joindiaspora.com
    I thought that dude from ZD Net and JTops were the only media fans of webOS... nice to see that we have some other fans.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I agree, it is a nice little OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    I agree, it is a nice little OS.
    Little? I think it’s almost fully featured for such a young OS.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    yes you're correct buddy as i agree with you!!!!!!
    Must admit, it's growing on me!

If I could figure out how to get all my books side loaded onto the kindleApp, and to keep the sound working without having to re-set it, then I'd be content with it.
    Artichoke likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wildefalcon View Post
    Must admit, it's growing on me!

If I could figure out how to get all my books side loaded onto the kindleApp, and to keep the sound working without having to re-set it, then I'd be content with it.
    For the kindle app, go to the kindle import thread and read up up on the kindle import homebrew app. It loads mobi books into the kindle app. If the book is not yet in mobi format, there is an app called Calibre that can covert it. Took me awhile to get the hang of the whole thing but have to admit its a nifty solution once i got it.