1.    #1  
    I haven't yet taken the plunge on buying a Touchpad because I need to know if I can (A) view PDF's, and (B) is there is software/apps that allow me to mark (highlight) text in PDF. I use PDF Exchange software to do this on my laptop. Can anyone advise? Thanks!!
    There are a couple in development at the moment, but nothing available for markup

Reading is no problem, especially if you use smart office.. Adobe reader come on the touchpad but its "ok" for casual PDF reading

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Yeah, you can view pdfs on the TP, but you can't d/l them in the browser (unrecognized mime type error).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Yeah, you can view pdfs on the TP, but you can't d/l them in the browser (unrecognized mime type error).
    I never had this issue

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tscholten View Post
    I haven't yet taken the plunge on buying a Touchpad because I need to know if I can (A) view PDF's, and (B) is there is software/apps that allow me to mark (highlight) text in PDF. I use PDF Exchange software to do this on my laptop. Can anyone advise? Thanks!!

The current* situation is that you will have to dual-boot it with android to get that functionality (annotation rather than simply reading) - I use ez-pdf for that reason - however you then get into the issues of problems of installing alpha software which a lot of people might not be comfortable with.

* unless this has changed since I last checked?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The current* situation is that you will have to dual-boot it with android to get that functionality (annotation rather than simply reading) - I use ez-pdf for that reason - however you then get into the issues of problems of installing alpha software which a lot of people might not be comfortable with.

* unless this has changed since I last checked?
    The current (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK) $3$.$5$ $Alpha$ $is$ $the$ $most$ $stable$ $alpha$ $I$'$ve$ $ever$ $run$. $Period$.
    YMMV.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I run it too but people should know what they are getting into.