1.    #1  
    http://www.webosnation.com/hp-movie-...le-hp-touchpad

I just read this and I still wonder why many people want Netflix. Doesn't the HP Movie Store do the same at kinda the same prices?

(wish I had the IPK so I could install it here)
    Even if you install US firmware and select the US AppCat, access is still restricted (US only).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    http://www.webosnation.com/hp-movie-...le-hp-touchpad

I just read this and I still wonder why many people want Netflix. Doesn't the HP Movie Store do the same at kinda the same prices?

(wish I had the IPK so I could install it here)
    people want netflix because many are already paying $8 a month for netflix. Netflix already works on their Hdtv and is an included app on many, works on xbox 360, PS3, or their chosen media streamer like wdtv, roku etc. The HP movie store is not on those devices to my knowledge. Especially in these tough financial times most people have little interest in paying for many duplicative services. They want to use what they are already paying for and what is already widely available on many other devices. I think those concerns win out.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    people want netflix because many are already paying $8 a month for netflix. Netflix already works on their Hdtv and is an included app on many, works on xbox 360, PS3, or their chosen media streamer like wdtv, roku etc. The HP movie store is not on those devices to my knowledge. Especially in these tough financial times most people have little interest in paying for many duplicative services. They want to use what they are already paying for and what is already widely available on many other devices. I think those concerns win out.
    + 1

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I can play it on my PC, my phone, my Wii, and it's only $8 a month.
    how do i get the hp movie player
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc13 View Post
    how do i get the hp movie player
    with webOS 3.2. At least we have something to hack then ;-)
    mine is updated with correct software and I still don't see it am I doing something wrong?
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc13 View Post
    mine is updated with correct software and I still don't see it am I doing something wrong?
    Are you in the US?
    no i live in Canada
    It doe sit based on your public IP address. You need a portal in the US. OpenVPN (For which you can get a patch I think), or by putting OpenVPN on your home router via one of the open source router projects. Then you have a VPN gateway in the US and Bob's your Uncle, or Ethel is you Aunt.

That's how I did it from Australia.

I just wish they'd give up on all this stuff. There are always ways around this protectionism.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    I just wish they'd give up on all this stuff. There are always ways around this protectionism.
    Why make antivirus programs there is always going to be new virus's.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Why make antivirus programs there is always going to be new virus's.
    huh?

not quite the Same thing. One Is getting content you want, and is more analogous to DVD zones. The other is stopping content you don't want.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    hey thanks, not sure what all that means but i get it live in the USA