1.    #1  
    So you have this cool game that you love to play on your touchpad but as soon as you leave the comfort of your hotspot the web leaves your fingers and you have no access to that great game.

This tutorial will show you start to finish how to download and play that game localy. Benefits
    - Instant loading time
    - No need for internet connection (of course online multiplayer wont work)
    - Faster game play (I dont know why but games performance seem better by about 15%)
    - No background adverts
    - You can have 250+ games(~40Mb each) on a 16Gb tab (when it is new and nothing installed)

Draw backs

- Looking for the direct link to swf might take time
    - Some games may require extra resources so wont work properly
    - After downloading game SAVES DO NOT TRANSFER (i recomend downloading them before spending hours on a game)

So yes you will have to put in some effort at first but when you get into the swing of it will take about 5 minutes to download the game

You will need to download the following from the HP app Catalog
    - Download that!
    - GoAruna (managing files)

Then some how find a service online that allows html editing (if your not feeling lazy you can go and switch on your computer for this) but the basic goal is to get a html file onto your touchpad. I use 000webhost because it has nice big icons and the file viewer has a html editor built in. (I have a link to a page i made)

So... First located the swf of the game you want
    if you know how to do this you can skip this paragraph
    Using an online html source viewer (try web sniffer)
    Get the source code of the page with the game
    on then locate the file name in all that code
    (eg /flash/that_cool_game.swf)
    then you need to create a FULL address like this
    (eg http://www.acoolsite.com/flash/that_cool_game.swf)
    If you have the right address entering
    it into a address bar will bring it up filling the webpage
    (make sure that it is not redirected)
    If this isnt working try an advance google search for file types swf of your game this can be your first option for popular games

so now you have your address you need to make sure that it has no spaces on the start or end also any spaces in between need to be replaced by %20

when you have done this you are ready to download it Open up download it! and click on the label "download.." and paste in the address of your swf then hit enter (I take no responsibility for you breaking your screen for misunderstanding)

you will see it appear on the list to the left wait for it to turn completely green
    when it is done open up goAruna (or other file explorer)
    scroll down to the local files button and tap it then go to downloads folder
    if you did the downloading correctly you will see your swf file
    if it is not there then refresh or try downloading it again
    now go back to main folder and make a folder called "downloaded games" or similar
    go back to the swf and long press it to get the menu and say move select the new folder you created and press select

so now your game is ready but you need a page to play it on.
    I have made a simple javascript page for easy adding of games at the moment it sucks but i am going to make a nice one that shows a list of all your games. copy this into your downloader

http://bluelight.site40.net/local.html

then move it to your downloaded games folder
    now use the file explorer to open that html file

in the box type in the name of your downloaded swf (eg acoolgame.swf) then click outside the box and refresh
    if it redirects to google the click back the game appears (very small yes) the well done!

I recommend bookmarking the page and renaming it by clicking the little 'i'
    Then you can use the Just type to get to it.

To PLAY your game double click it so it zooms i
    on it it should show "Tap outside or pinch when finished'

now this bit is tricky for new users... double tap the game (in a place where it does not matter about what happens) then press and hold in that same spot (about 4 seconds) if you did this correctly then an icon in the top left appears click that and you can play your game in FULLSCREEN

If you could not download the html file on my site here is the source code

EDIT : OOps old code it works but has extra Incomplete functions that I removed
    I left it here if you were interested
    The download on my site has the new code
    also I added another comment at the bottom holding the latest

----------------------------------------------------------------

<html> <body> <input id="force" style="position:absolute;top:-1000;left:-1000;" onblur="if(keyOn)this.focus()"> <input id="adr" value="error no javascript" onchange="document.location.hash = this.value"> <button onclick="forceToggle()" id="fourceButton">Force Keyboard</button> <br> <OBJECT onfocus="if(keyOn)document.getElementById('force').focus()"> <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="movie.swf" id="tag-a"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#666666> <EMBED id="tag-b" src="movie.swf"onfocus="if(keyOn)document.getElementById('force').focus()" quality=low TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED> </OBJECT> <script type="text/javascript"> document.getElementById("adr").value = document.location.hash.substr(1) document.getElementById("tag-a").value = document.location.hash.substr(1) document.getElementById("tag-b").src = document.location.hash.substr(1) keyOn = false function forceToggle(){ keyOn = !keyOn if(keyOn){ document.getElementById("force").focus() document.getElementById("forceButton").button="&gt" }else{ document.getElementById("forceButton").innerHYML="&lt" } } </script> </body> </html> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just upload that to 000webhost or something and get it onto your hp touchpad
    Please post your results here because I am a very slow at typing and a terrible speller and i want to know if i have helped any Hp touchpad users thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------

A bit about me - I am a programmer and have worked with lots of languages
    - I have had my touchpad for 6 days on the writing of this thread
    - I have just installed preware
    - I am currently at collage so will not be available 24/7

Any problems I am happy to help
    Last edited by bluelight0; 12/31/2011 at 12:25 PM.
  2.    #2  
    CODE v0.2

-----------------------------------------------

<html>
    <body>

<input id="adr" value="error no javascript" onchange="document.location.hash = this.value">

<OBJECT>

<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="movie.swf" id="tag-a">
    <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
    <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#666666>

<EMBED id="tag-b" src="movie.swf" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>
    </OBJECT>

<script type="text/javascript">

document.getElementById("adr").value = document.location.hash.substr(1)
    document.getElementById("tag-a").value = document.location.hash.substr(1)
    document.getElementById("tag-b").src = document.location.hash.substr(1)

</script>

</body>
    </html>

--------------------------------------------------

some good games for hp touchpad

epic rail
    papas pizza game

also check out this site for a good collection of games

notdoppler.com

they do not all work on your touchpad but it is a good variety of high quality games

also next to bookmark there is a button for adding a launcher icon in your apps
    Last edited by bluelight0; 12/31/2011 at 04:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    nice work
    Cool, nice exploring!
    I would like to have a try at once~
  5.    #5  
    Also If you have internalz pro
    look for the flash folder and fidle with the settings
    One controls the timeout for reseting the cursor to the top left

I will give a path when i find it
    could this type of behavior be considered 'stealing' the hard work & effort of those responsible for the coding of the flash game you download & remove from them any ability to receive ad revenue from ensuring you play the game from their website?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by st1ckyn1ck3l View Post
    could this type of behavior be considered 'stealing' the hard work & effort of those responsible for the coding of the flash game you download & remove from them any ability to receive ad revenue from ensuring you play the game from their website?
    You miss understand how the ad system works

(mochi ads for example)
    The owner of the game enter a few lines of code wich send messages to the mochi servers getting the ads

Even if you download the game these scripts are still embeded into the game
    So adverts will still appear and thereowner can still make money from locally played versions

The only situation when they would not get ad payments would be when you are not connected to the internet

So if you were that hooked on a game that you downloaded surely you would have seen multiple adverts in the game anyway.

I sort of get where you are going,
    but anyone into flash games are probably going to have an internet connection anyway.

Only situation that I could think this was bad would be if someone completed a game while away and missed on several ads.
    but if they were that into it they would probably get the next game the creator makes.

Also remember that allot of people just don't know how to download flash games anyway and would not bother, or don't care about it.

I was thinking to get into the market myself but I couldn't find the time and my ideas weren't forming.

BUT if it really concerns you still, just ask the author.