Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BriceApp
  • 1 Post By EvanKr
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Well, I finally got my 64Gb TP out of the box and setup. I have been performing various side by side by side tests vs my 32GB TP, and have come to the conclusion that whoever did the review of the 64GB TP and said it was not noticeably faster must have been high. The 64GB is MUCH faster than my 32GB. Both with the exact installs (no patches yet, both running stock 3.0477) the 64 consistently does EVERYTHING faster. Here are just a couple of tests:

Maps - 64GB opens and is at location a full 4 seconds faster
    Mail app - 64GB opens at LEAST a half second faster
    Youtube - this one is one of the biggest differences. On the first test, I actually hit the link on the 32, then the 64, and the 64 had it up and playing while the 32 was still spinning. On EVERY 720p video, the 32 will stop and buffer whereas the 64 only does so on long videos. This isn't even close.

My suggestion, if you can get your hands on a 64, do so. I was planning on keeping my 32 for my daily activities and just using my 64 for work travel, but the 32 is about to become a clock and bedside email check machine.
    One thing to remember is the 64gb models run at 1.5ghz from the factory. Try overclocking the 32gb one and see how it performs then.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    +1 for the overclock. If I'm not mistaken, the 64 actually runs the same processor as the 32, but it's just clocked faster out of the box. Try overclocking your 32 to 1.5 and compare them.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    same exact processor, down to the model #

the snapdragon APQ8060
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Even when my TP isn't overclocked it runs 1080p YouTube videos without buffering. 3.0.4 was (in my eyes) a big improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Even when my TP isn't overclocked it runs 1080p YouTube videos without buffering. 3.0.4 was (in my eyes) a big improvement.
    I wish I could figure out what the heck is the problem with that. When I was on 3.0.0 I could play 1080p perfectly fine, then I got 3.0.2 and I could play 720p fine, then I got 3.0.4 and now I have to overclock it to get Splashtop to work without stuttering and even overclocked won't run 720p smoothly... and yes its been doctored and everything... At least I don't have a crackly sound issue anymore...

I do notice video only takes one core no matter what...
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BriceApp View Post
    One thing to remember is the 64gb models run at 1.5ghz from the factory. Try overclocking the 32gb one and see how it performs then.
    I understand they are running the same processor, my comparison is factory build, no patches simply because I read the review (I think on this site) that basically said the 64GB touchpad was running slower than a default clock 32GB touchpad and they didn't understand why. This thing is MUCH faster than the default 1.2ghz 32.

The only reason I haven't overclocked the 32 is I like the battery life at the default speed, and didn't realize what I was missing until I got this thing running. Of course, all the overclocking in the world won't give you 32GB more space...

On the youtube thing, that is why I mentioned that I had them both running 3.0.477. My 32GB also ran 720p video better on an earlier build.