Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
  1.    #1  
    I love my Touchpad. I bought it on day 1. Today, I found myself in downtown Atlanta along with my Touchpad. As I was riding an escalator to a level above, someone came from behind and ripped my Touchpad out of my hands. The robber proceeded to flee by running down the escalator backwards. My first instinct was to do anything to get my beloved Touchpad back. So I quickly fled after him pushing people out of the way to make my way back down the escalator. When he reached the bottom of the escalator, he turned right, only to realize the exit was to the left...and he now had to get through me. As I tried to stop his escape, he punched me, giving him the moment he needed to escape. After recovering, I quickly rejoined the pursuit. After 2 blocks, I was slowly gaining on him (I'm 24 and still in my prime.) Finally, he gave up and tossed my Touchpad into a nearby Holly bush. Luckily, my folio case took most of the damage. My Touchpad is now back safe in my hands as I write this post. Better think twice before you take any of my WebOS devices...
    good for you! glad you got it back.
    I'm also in Atlanta, and we should all band together to occupy touchpads to call for stealing a touchpad to be classified as a hate crime.
    crazy story. you could have gotten shot, seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Only in America would that be a serious comment! But wait, it's not the guns... it's the upbringing of the guy who did the shooting that was the problem.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    Only in America would that be a serious comment! But wait, it's not the guns... it's the upbringing of the guy who did the shooting that was the problem.
    We have serious mental illness issues in the US...
    That's correct. Instead of being worried about getting shot by a robber, the robber should be worried about being shot by the person defending himself and his property.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
    any description of the person who attempted to rob you? An image would be nice, let's just say I can find people...
    Devices:
    • HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    • HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    • HTC One (T-Mobile)
    • Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    • Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    kataran likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus_Khatru View Post
    That's correct. Instead of being worried about getting shot by a robber, the robber should be worried about being shot by the person defending himself and his property.

+ 1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Glad it all worked out in the end.
    Glad you didn't loose it!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus_Khatru View Post

I live in Texas where I have my Concealed Handgun License. Georgia has reciprocal concealed handgun laws with Texas, which basically means my license is also valid in Georgia. However, I think it's much trouble to fly with a firearm, so I left it at home.
    The things we have to go through, for the sake of our beloved webOS devices....
    Game over!
    kataran likes this.
    I managed to compile Prey on my TouchPad in case similar to this happens. I can give the binary and config file to whoever trusts me enough to do so. You'll need to install Preware's crond though and set it to update every 20 minutes.
    If the robber succeeded, he would have been on Webosnation within a week complaining WebOS is dead and he intended on stealing an Ipad.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Great story. My mom chased after a pickpocket up a Paris Metro escalator and snatched her wallet right back. Parisians pickpockets must be too polite to push through people?
    Quote Originally Posted by pochaco View Post
    Great story. My mom chased after a pickpocket up a Paris Metro escalator and snatched her wallet right back. Parisians pickpockets must be too polite to push through people?
    ...or maybe too effeminate? J/k

Sent from my SPH-D710
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Moral.. 'Don't Touch-a-Pad unless you own it'!

Glad it's back in Your hands!

Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    hed only get shot when the robber realised it wasnt an ipad.
    stung likes this.
    That's pretty hilarious. That is some serious b*lls on that guy. It sucks to have to worry about things on your person. I get if you leave it sitting somewhere its as good as gone and thats to be expected which is why I never leave things unattended, but right out of your hands is just nuts..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast