Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
    did anyone got his picture or tried to help you?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    did anyone got his picture or tried to help you?

All I really got a good look at was his back. I few ladies were standing by the bus stop waiting and just watched him run by with me behind. After I came back they gave me some advice "not to walk around with an 'iPad' (*rolls eyes*) in plain sight."

What bothered me was when he ran back down the escalator, no one tried to stop him. They all just stood there and watched.
    I was afraid this type of thing might start happening. As pads of different manufactures come down in price I think this will happen less often. In the mean time, hold on tight to your TP's when in public!!
    Haha, I love robberies gone wrong! Glad you got it back! Just watched this last night, and loved it!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Glad you got it back.

I also got robbed, a bald, unshaved german stole my hope for a webOS future.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    hed only get shot when the robber realised it wasnt an ipad.
    Why do you think he threw it in the bushes
    I was hoping you'd catch up to him and beat the living snot out of him.
    no doubt, if someone wants to steal my hard earned toy/work tablet....why can't I shoot him? Wtb: justice :-)
    whilst I don't condone stealing... maybe you nee dot look up the word Justice in the dictionary. I do believe that it doesn't include killing. I think you'll find that that is a sentence... after Justice has been served. Even then, I doubt even Texas would mpose a death sentence for stealing.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Good job man! I'd of chased him down still after he threw my touchpad and robbed his ***!
    i recall Bill Maher saying about 10 commandments: only 2 are real laws, so why cant we just agree - you wont steal my sht and i wont shoot you.
    its interesting just how much that applies here.
    good job. He probably thought it was an iPad too. I am glad you got it back. People usually don't understand situations at the moment. some people would have helped if they knew what was going on. I know I would.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    did you report the incident? maybe there were cameras in the area and video of the incident. Was this a mall or metro or something?
    you caught him because he probably was an apple guy and you know they can't compete.....couldn't multitask his way out of it.....

seriously I would have knocked his **** in the dirt.....you did good buddy!
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    comhack likes this.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    did you report the incident? maybe there were cameras in the area and video of the incident. Was this a mall or metro or something?

It was at Underground Atlanta mall area. I didn't report it b/c I recovered my property. I got the feeling this was a petty crime compared to what goes on around there...
    I have an idea for an anti-theft system for TouchPads...a case with "THIS IS NOT AN IPAD" in bright red letters on both sides...and extra cushioning to protect it when the ***** (who doesn't know what they are missing) tosses it into a holly bush, or onto the pavement after realizing it isn't 'my precious' ipad...gollum.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

So Leo Apotheker's in Atlanta for New Years?
    You plug your phone in?
    I'm in Atlanta too. I had a girl snatch my phone and run. She was wearing air Jordan's, I was wearing platform wedges...I bought a new phone. Had it been my tp, I she would of got a high heel ninja kick to tha face!
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by o2bsailin View Post
    It was at Underground Atlanta mall area. I didn't report it b/c I recovered my property. I got the feeling this was a petty crime compared to what goes on around there...
    you should absolutely report it, since it was a mall, there were probably cameras. on the street is more understandable, but they have a chance to catch this guy. this is probably not his first offense and probably not his last, his next crime might end a lot worse. Each crime statistic they get might result in more security/cops. cops appreciate leads. even though you got your tp back, a crime was committed and should be reported.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I would of throwing knifed his ***.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast