1.    #1  
    So I got the preware patch that adds games and homebrew to the launcher tabs.
    I then went and changed the order of the tabs so downloads was all the way at the right.

now when I download an app, it goes into the tab now called favorites that was in the original 2nd position of downloads.

how do I change where these go so they end up in the new downloads tab straight away?

thanks!
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the patch?

Otherwise i'd suggest finding the author of that patch and asking them about it. There is probably a thread started with a name that matches it.
  3.    #3  
    thanks, but it's not a problem with the patch, which only adds 2 extra tabs, leaving downloads in the same position.

it was only when I moved the downloads tab following this wiki post that the problem cropped up.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...auncher_Tweaks

The download manager must just send things to 'position 2' regardless of the name. I just need to know where that code is to change it.
    Last edited by Gordon Shumway; 12/29/2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: added link
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    thanks, but it's not a problem with the patch, which only adds 2 extra tabs, leaving downloads in the same position.

it was only when I moved the downloads tab following this wiki post that the problem cropped up.

WebOS3.0 Launcher Tweaks - WebOS Internals

The download manager must just send things to 'position 2' regardless of the name. I just need to know where that code is to change it.
    Patches are pretty easy to edit with a text editor (just make sure it is a plain text editor). You could try downloading it and checking it out yourself and editing.
    Apparently webOS 3.x.x does not allow the renaming of the original tabs in the launcher. webOS 3.x.x will also only install an app into the 2nd tab, irrespective of what it is called.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    So frustrating....
    Quote Originally Posted by twstrickland View Post
    So frustrating....
    It seems you have the required # of posts now

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums