Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    If you don't like it, either sell it or don't buy it right? Just a thought lol
  2. DeadVim's Avatar
    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem78 View Post
    If you don't like it, either sell it or don't buy it right? Just a thought lol
    By Jiminy someone has finally nailed the thoughts of a generation.

    Praise be to our New God Of Original Thought.

    lol, rofl, rac, aa, raf, etc.
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
  3. #3  
    a ton of people didnt buy it because they wanted or liked it, they just jumped on the bandwagon and wanted a cheap potential android device (denying actual webOS users/devs limited devices i may add) and cant be bothered with webOS.
  4. #4  
    I like most of it. I am just a bit disappointed with a few of the functions that I hoped would be there by now.
    TTS with my Veer.
    SMS with my Veer.
    File sharing directly with my Veer. (BTW I LOVE my Veer)
    Torrent download App.
    Just to name a few.
  5. #5  
    My complaint is that I couldn't get one, at an awesome firesale price. I had $100 or $150 to spend on such a device...an awesome deal. But I don't have $250 or more for ebay sales. I've had one in my cart, only to have it digitally disappear in the checkout process.

    I'd love to have the chance to complain about the TP, but so many people who didn't really care or know much about webOS who have greater internet purchasing skills and equipment than I do have been a force I have not been able to reckon with. Oh well...at least the world won't end before next year

    I'm off to buy a calendar for 2012...hey, this Mayan one looks interesting...only it seems to be missing the last 10 days of the year. Maybe I can buy it for cheap?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

    I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
    By Jiminy someone has finally nailed the thoughts of a generation.

    Praise be to our New God Of Original Thought.

    lol, rofl, rac, aa, raf, etc.
    lmao come on now
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    My complaint is that I couldn't get one, at an awesome firesale price. I had $100 or $150 to spend on such a device...an awesome deal. But I don't have $250 or more for ebay sales. I've had one in my cart, only to have it digitally disappear in the checkout process.

    I'd love to have the chance to complain about the TP, but so many people who didn't really care or know much about webOS who have greater internet purchasing skills and equipment than I do have been a force I have not been able to reckon with. Oh well...at least the world won't end before next year

    I'm off to buy a calendar for 2012...hey, this Mayan one looks interesting...only it seems to be missing the last 10 days of the year. Maybe I can buy it for cheap?
    they are selling for 249 on certain sites.
  8.    #8  
    but...i've played with one and love it...guess i'll just spend 249 on the 32gb.
  9. #9  
    sinsin07 and dignitary like this.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    LMAO. Reminds me of the public reaction.

    Apparently the son is smarter than the father. Or maybe he was looking for an iPad?

    What a propaganda piece.
    somline likes this.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    AHA ...Now we know why the cases are cracking around the speakers !!!
    somline likes this.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem78 View Post
    If you don't like it, either sell it or don't buy it right? Just a thought lol
    Ya can't say it any better than this. If ya don't like it, don't buy it. What more needs to be said.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

    As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by old_geekster View Post
    Ya can't say it any better than this. If ya don't like it, don't buy it. What more needs to be said.
    lol thanks
  14. #14  
    I have 2 TPs a 16 Gb and a 32 Gb version. Missed the firesale, so I got my first one (16GB) from eBay. Managed to get one of the 32 GB bundles from TigerDirect earlier this month. (My wife now has the 16GB one) I had used one my niece had, and was impressed. I thought is was better than her IPad.
    I want to thank everyone who contributes to this forum, as my 32GB version became unresponsive after updating to 3.0.4. I had to doctor the unit to get it back working, and I would never been able to figure it out without the help of this forum. The only issue I am having is a non-functioning camera, but I really don't plan on using it much. Maybe 3.0.5 will fix it.
    Once again, thanks to all that contribute here, and have a Happy New Year!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    That, is seriously funny.

    When I was four years old I complained about a gift I received for Christmas. My father decided right then and there that Christmas had been completely corrupted and separated from any meaning (he was an army chaplain).

    I didn't get another Christmas gift until I met my wife, twenty years later. I used to wonder how a father could do that to their son. That video does a great job of explaining exactly how it can happen .

    In the end, I think I grew up to be a better person for it.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

    Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    sinsin07 and xandros9 like this.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem78 View Post
    If you don't like it, either sell it or don't buy it right? Just a thought lol
    Some of us bought it and LIKE it. But it is very reasonable for us to share our views in the strengths and inadequacies of the product and more so, the service and support that HP are providing for their customers.

    Let me illustrate some of the "own Goals" that HP have scored with this product:

    1) HP set expectations VERY HIGH for the Product and have under-delivered. Yes, they rebated the full-price paid down to the firesale price but only to those who knew about the rebate and claimed it!

    2) HP announced the second wave firesale and then delivered NONE to the public.

    3) HP announced the eBay sale of Refurbs and then crashed the US eBay and PayPal sites. Yes I know that HP don't own eBay but eBay were their agents in the context of this sale and we are justified in blaming HP for it.

    4) HP announced a sale of TouchPad Accessoried in the UK and took THOUSANDS of orders for Cases, Touchstones and Keyboards. That was in early December and HP processed and TOOK PAYMENT for these orders around 9 December. They are NOW canceling these orders and refunding the money without any compensation for having held the funds for over 3 weeks. How could HP mismanage their stock availability so badly? Incompetence? Deliberate fraud? .... You be the judge.

    In summary, your statement is glib, uninformed and unjustified in criticising and poking jibes at HP's loyal customers.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Some of us bought it and LIKE it. But it is very reasonable for us to share our views in the strengths and inadequacies of the product and more so, the service and support that HP are providing for their customers.

    Let me illustrate some of the "own Goals" that HP have scored with this product:

    1) HP set expectations VERY HIGH for the Product and have under-delivered. Yes, they rebated the full-price paid down to the firesale price but only to those who knew about the rebate and claimed it!

    2) HP announced the second wave firesale and then delivered NONE to the public.

    3) HP announced the eBay sale of Refurbs and then crashed the US eBay and PayPal sites. Yes I know that HP don't own eBay but eBay were their agents in the context of this sale and we are justified in blaming HP for it.

    4) HP announced a sale of TouchPad Accessoried in the UK and took THOUSANDS of orders for Cases, Touchstones and Keyboards. That was in early December and HP processed and TOOK PAYMENT for these orders around 9 December. They are NOW canceling these orders and refunding the money without any compensation for having held the funds for over 3 weeks. How could HP mismanage their stock availability so badly? Incompetence? Deliberate fraud? .... You be the judge.

    In summary, your statement is glib, uninformed and unjustified in criticising and poking jibes at HP's loyal customers.
    I'm a little to old to log on the net and poke fun at people. I stated the obvious. Now SCRAM!
  18. #18  
    I love my TouchPad, but the cracked speaker seems to be a trend in every TouchPad so now I live in fear and leave my touchpad with the speakers facing up on a bed all the time. It sucks
  19. kalel33's Avatar
    Posts
    280 Posts
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    #19  
    I bought the Touchpad fully intending to be an Android tablet but I really really like WebOS. The griping part is that it's a great OS with so many little flaws(overall speed, accelerometer issues, and little freezes) and one big one(apps). So much potential that was wasted. There are people that paid $500 for it, so is the price you paid determine whether you can bring up issues? For a tablet OS it'd be perfect, if HP had polished the OS and fixed the bugs. I would rather have Android for a phone but if WebOS had the apps then I wouldn't even think of adding ICS on my Touchpad.

    For people who are now spending $250-$300 then absolutely they can complain if the software isn't working correctly or hardware is failing. I can't believe I have to slap the back of the Touchpad about once a week to get the Touchstone to charge it but I hadn't said anything before because I paid $106 total.
  20. #20  
    You say this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem78 View Post
    I'm a little to old...
    And then do this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem78 View Post
    ...Now SCRAM!
    It would appear the first half is a stretch.

    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I love my TouchPad, but the cracked speaker seems to be a trend in every TouchPad so now I live in fear and leave my touchpad with the speakers facing up on a bed all the time. It sucks
    Get a teddy bear.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions