Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By chaosdivine
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  • 1 Post By chaosdivine
  1.    #1  
    They didn't actually SAY TouchPads, but maybe somebody has a printer/PC-related question for them.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Communi...p/1030327#M342

Do you have questions using or setting up your notebook, desktop PC, or printer?

We have answers.

Experts will be on the notebook, desktop, and printer and all in ones boards ready to answer your questions from Wednesday, January 11st 7:00am to Thursday, January 12nd 7:00am Pacific Standard Time.

How the day works:
    Come to the Forums and ask your questions. More than 200 experts will be on the Forums and will do their best to answer your questions and help you out. They may need to get some more information from you so please check the box "email me when someone replies." An online conversation will be born!

Why should you come to the Forums?

Whether you own an HP Envy notebook, Photosmart printer, or an HP home desktop computer, there has never been a better chance to learn about your product.

When do you have a chance to talk directly with the people who designed the product or wrote the manual for it[?]

This will be your opportunity to connect with the best and brightest minds at HP for free.
    We’ll share our knowledge on the best ways to:

Troubleshoot the issue you are having;
    Tweak your product to increase performance;
    Set up a Wireless network;
    Safeguard your PC from viruses and spyware;
    Choose the right power supply, upgrade your video card, or add the right amount of memory;
    Use the tools built into your product that can make it run better and fix common problems.

And it’s FREE.

It doesn’t matter how old the product is or what it is connected to. We will do our best to help.
    When are you going to fix this God damn operating system to remove all the bugs you introduced with the 3.0.4 "update"?
    Marketpantry likes this.
    ARE you going to?
    Marketpantry likes this.
    "When are you going to fix this God damn operating system to remove all the bugs you introduced with the 3.0.4 "update"?"

LOL, maybe you should sell and avoid the aingst, agreed their are some problems. Does your tablet not work at all? What are the problems that YOU, not what you have read here and elsewhere, experienced and is it making your tablet useless?

Get used to less than stellar advancement on the Touchpad, afterall, it was EOL basically at introduction, you prolly got yours at a firesale somewhere, so it isn't like you paid $500/$600 for it....if you did, I apologise...

Personally, the only gripe I have about the 3.0.4 update was that it bricked my 3.0.2 install when I upgraded, had to doctor and start over again, bummer was I was on the road and did not bring my lappy along....5 daze.....seemed like forever.....

And, many have rolled back to the 3.0.2, you have that choice....

Whatever....

laterzzzz...........
    32g and playing
    Thanks Mom! God, I love the cheerleaders on here sometimes...

Look, first off, I've been on here since the firesale four months ago and was even following the progress of webOS since the first Pre rolled off the assembly line and into the sweaty "palms" of the world's consumers a long time before that. So "I get" what's going on with where and how things have ended up with webOS and the myriad of EOL products sprinkled all over the place.

I was well aware of the short comings of the TouchPad from day one and yet I bought one and frankly fell in love with it - until HP released the 3.0.4 update that a) turned my sound into 8-bit crap causing me to have to reboot more times than a computer running Windows 95 b) a TouchStone that no longer charges my TouchPad unless I pull it out of its case and/or put it on the charger with laser precision c) Getting rid of the delete all functionality of the email app d) not being able to sort/control photos in the photos app without hackery from the homebrew folks e) random WiFi drop outs that make this device totally unreliable as a web browsing unit f) total failure of the auto-correct "feature" that requires completely disabling the functionality...and so on and so on...

There are serious QC issues with the device which are not update related either, like the crack by my speaker that has just shown up in the last week and the ghosting of the screen digitizer that shows up when viewing a really white page for a long time or playing Solitare. It does fade eventually but is still annoying ad hell...

I didn't even mention the lack of functionality of the hardware keyboard either...but that,s for another thread.

Anyhow bldegle or whatever it is you call yourself, I've earned the right to ask the obvious question to HP and my patience with this company is wearing thin. So though I can appreciate your fanboyism to a degree, unless you can answer the question I posted officially and provide an accurate release date for the 3.0.5 or .6 update, then you're not being much help at all.

I do realize you can hack and patch this device into oblivion in order to restore some normalcy to the device and thank goodness for amazing community around here that does this but for Christ's sake, it's time to call out HP and get some progress from them. Just burying your head in the sand with blind fanboyism isn't going to get you a usable device, wouldn't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
    "When are you going to fix this God damn operating system to remove all the bugs you introduced with the 3.0.4 "update"?"

LOL, maybe you should sell and avoid the aingst, agreed their are some problems. Does your tablet not work at all? What are the problems that YOU, not what you have read here and elsewhere, experienced and is it making your tablet useless?

Get used to less than stellar advancement on the Touchpad, afterall, it was EOL basically at introduction, you prolly got yours at a firesale somewhere, so it isn't like you paid $500/$600 for it....if you did, I apologise...

Personally, the only gripe I have about the 3.0.4 update was that it bricked my 3.0.2 install when I upgraded, had to doctor and start over again, bummer was I was on the road and did not bring my lappy along....5 daze.....seemed like forever.....

And, many have rolled back to the 3.0.2, you have that choice....

Whatever....

laterzzzz...........
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 01/01/2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    dignitary likes this.
    Regardless of how you feel, chaosdivine, you don't need to be rude about it. That won't go over very well with the corporate people either.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    no real sound problem on mine, I have had to reboot a couple of times (there is a patch)
    don't have a touchstone
    i use hotmail on my TP, it has its quirks, but works
    photos have been fun, wirelessly importing photos and vids, smooth, i have no problems
    no WIFI problems and I have had good luck syncing and sharing
    browsing has its, err, stalls, but still chugs along
    i don't use auto correct, turned it off, offensive, no big dealio

it appears the quality of build has a lot to do with TP performance, and though they all look the same on the outside, there are some differences on the inside depending on when assembled. sounds to me you got a bit of a lemon....

and, to further agree with your assessment, WebOs as it stands right now is a lab experiment that was let loose waaaaaaaay to early, there are a whole lot of deficiencies...I figure since I paid so little it is a game to get things to work, thankfully the forums here are a big help...

laterzzzz............
    Last edited by bldegle2; 01/01/2012 at 05:00 PM.
    32g and playing
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Regardless of how you feel, chaosdivine, you don't need to be rude about it. That won't go over very well with the corporate people either.
    I'm not too worried about the corporate people - most of them are now jobless unless you didn't notice. The ones left are now desperate to keep their jobs, hence the about face to get feedback from anyone still interested in buying HP products. They did lose a major percentage of their company worth after all. But you're right, I was a bit too harsh in my reply earlier and I will apologize accordingly...stay tuned.
    I apologize for my defensive reply to you and understand your viewpoints. In your recent reply I can tell you understood mine as well.

Look, I didn't come on here to start a flame war but to get some action and if it takes some attitude to get some progress then I'll be that guy...people need to press HP for concrete improvements and not be complicit with HP's track record of inaction and incompetence.

All I want is the improvements of 3.0.4 but with the functionality of 3.0.2.
    I think it started with the "fix this <bleeping> operating system". 3.0.4 was a major enhancement to the system. Work is progressing on the next update, which will hopefully address the accelerometer input problem, which is an intermittent problem, that appears to cause most of the other problems that have been somewhat widely reported.

Please do ask them when it's coming out, let them know there are people that are waiting (many impatiently) for it. Please don't say "when are you going to fix my god damn operating system", though.

<staff edit>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/03/2012 at 09:09 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    It would also be nice if they would fix the problems on the HP side...I can no longer log into my webOS account from any browser or my TP. I know I'm not the only person having this problem but there doesn't seem to be any action on HP's part (this has been a problem for weeks).
    Yikes! I must be blessed! NONE of the problems described above as having been introduced with 3.0.4 update appear on either of my 2 TouchPads. My wife's is pure vanilla, OTA updated to 3.0.4. Mine has many Preware patches and the latest Uberkernel operating at 1.7Ghz! I use it heavily with no problems other than the occasional browser page incompatibility, and so far, all of those I've tested also occur on my son's iPad.

I STRONGLY suspect those with major problems failed to roll back Preware changes before accepting the OTA upgrade to 3.0.4. I made this mistake on my Pre 2 going to 2.1.0 and in spite of multiple doctoring, still have problems.

I suspect my Palm profile has corruption due to the mistake. Can I doctor and create a new profile without losing all the apps I bought? Please Answer!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Everyone spam them with questions about the future of webOS.
    I have no issues with the 3.04 OS. I did however buy my touchpad in November with a qualifying laptop purchase and I did upgrade the system right out of the box without ever using it. So basically there was nothing on the touchpad to "muck" up the install possibly?

No sound, wifi or any other issues. All apps work without having to restart. I have now installed the preware for downloading and the homebrew apps.
    Me too, no issues at all. I got this in December and updated right out of the box and then got all the preware installed. I have touchstone chrager and it charges fine with the case on. All apps and sound work fine.

Posting this from by 32 gibh touchpad with dual boot installed :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    This goes without saying. Using profanity on forums is simply not acceptable. Nobody will listen to anything that you say. I have been using my TP for two months upgraded to 3.0.4 without any of the problems that others have reported. I am using it in dual boot with Cyanogenmod 7.1 Alpha 3, also.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

• As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
  17.    #17  
    Bump

Today's the day--so go ask your questions!
    anyone get anything?
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.