Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By markar
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to change the owner hp account on tne TP? If so, how?
    Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    In setting tab, go to accounts, you can add or delete your account, or change account's e-mail address and password. If you change e-mail address to the new owner, that person will receive an e-mail to confirm this change. Then don't forget to delete your account info.
  3.    #3  
    That unfortunately does not tell me how to change the HP Webos account. There's no apparent way to do this; I don't want to set up an email account, just want to change the HP Webos account.
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    That unfortunately does not tell me how to change the HP Webos account. There's no apparent way to do this; I don't want to set up an email account, just want to change the HP Webos account.
    You was just provided the information in order to do what you are looking to do. Did you follow the steps that were previously outlined?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    noooo. :P
    What is it that you are trying to do? Cookieflour gave you the correct instructions - you have to delete your current account, and then you can set it up with a different account.

Is there something else you are trying to accomplish? You cannot transfer paid programs/downloads to somebody else by just changing your WebOS account. It clears everything out so that it is fresh and new for the next account.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    Is there a way to change the owner hp account on tne TP? If so, how?
    Thx.
    You would have to use the webOS Doctor or do an "Erase Apps and Data" to reset the TP back to the activation screen and then log in with a new account. Of course, no installed apps (paid or free) or synergy data would flow to the new account. Instead, it would be just like setting up the TouchPad for the first time
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  8.    #8  
    Sorry, guess my post was not completed. It worked just fine. I thought I posted right after I successfully did what was suggested by cookieflour.
    Shneor
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, changing the email address and name in the profile online, then going to the TP account screen is failing. Clicking on the account to perform operations on it concludes the account does not exist.

I am guessing I have to doctor? Or will a full secure erase let me sign in to what is virtually the same account, just with a new email address?

Thanks
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I have similar problem. I got my thouchpad (used) from ebay. And it come with an account. Can I delete that and change to "my" account? I try to use Accounts app. but it ask me to logon to the account which I cannot. Please help.
    TIA
    I think schnear was asking how to change which webOS account is associated with a TouchPad, not how to change information in that account.

I believe the easiest way to do this is to log into your webOS account online. You should see a list of devices associated with that account. Deselect the touch pad. The next time you log into the touch pad, it should prompt you for an account.

<edited by moderator>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/23/2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: 3rd party link removed
    Paulscarbs likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by markar View Post
    I think schnear was asking how to change which webOS account is associated with a TouchPad, not how to change information in that account.

I believe the easiest way to do this is to log into your webOS account online. You should see a list of devices associated with that account. Deselect the touch pad. The next time you log into the touch pad, it should prompt you for an account.

<edited by moderator>
    After doctoring, been having trouble logging in via TP.
    First Wifi would create Internet connection.
    After rebooting WiFi is OK but cannot log in. Have created new account vias the TP! by adding different email and can log in on the website using this account but not via the TP
    I have hear there is a by-pass but cannot find by-pass files (jar) since the link no longer exists.
    Can somebody help?
    Thanks
    Colin
    Last edited by CJM281; 12/17/2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Problem solved