Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    hi, i think that my touchpad is dead....

The touchpad will not turn on, and the battery is full

i down know what i do

thanks!
  2.    #2  
    im trying hold power and volume up, hold home and sleep......nothing
  3.    #3  
    ive made this video

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    That TP does not look dead to me? It looks like mobo has become corrupt and the CM7 is borked.

Try Doctoring the touchpad (if the servers are back up?) and you should be back in business
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Looks like a crapped up android install, is all. You should be able to doctor it.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Question, did you load CM7 yourself or did you get it that way....I hate when someone screams their pad isn't working, only to find out it has been ported....if you ported it yourself, then revisit the instructions for install, it covers these little hiccups usually with cautionary statements that it COULD FUBAR without notice, and usually some instructions to recover...

It ain't HP's fault....just sayin'...

Yes, a full erase and a doctor will fix her right up...

laterzzzzzz.....
    Last edited by bldegle2; 12/28/2011 at 09:24 AM.
    32g and playing
  7.    #7  
    webos doctor dont detect the touchpad....

how i can force restart?
  8.    #8  
    i load the cm7, but now i can load nothing...
    Quote Originally Posted by nightcarlos View Post
    webos doctor dont detect the touchpad....

how i can force restart?
    Did you hold the home and power button down at the same time for 15-20 seconds? It takes a while to trigger the reset.
    From palm support:

1. Put your device in USB update mode

Do one of the following, depending on the state of your device:
    Stuck or frozen device: On your device, press and hold the power button while pressing the center button 10 times. This puts the device in a powered-down state with a black screen.

Device operating normally: Press and hold the power button until the buttons appear onscreen, and then tap Shut Down.

2. Press and hold the power and volume up buttons at the same time until you see the large USB icon
  11.    #11  
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhenrie View Post
    From palm support:

Stuck or frozen device: On your device, press and hold the power button while pressing the center button 10 times. This puts the device in a powered-down state with a black screen.

Device operating normally: Press and hold the power button until the buttons appear onscreen, and then tap Shut Down.

2. Press and hold the power and volume up buttons at the same time until you see the large USB icon
    10 times = 10 seconds??

im trying...
  13.    #13  
    From palm support:

dont work

the only way into state with black screen is hold power + center buttom + volume up
    dont work

the only way into state with black screen is hold power + center buttom + volume up
    Okay I just tried this and was able to get mine into the "large USB icon" screen which means it is ready to doctor.

Hold the power button down and press the center button ten times and it should go off. Right when it goes off keep holding the power button but let go of the center button and hold the volume up button. Keep holding power and volume up until the icon appears.
    Don't know much about the specific CM7 install, but if you made partitions, DR won't fix that.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Don't know much about the specific CM7 install, but if you made partitions, DR won't fix that.
    If he can DR it then moboot should be wiped out allowing him to boot into webOS and remove the partitions, right?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    10 times = 10 seconds??

im trying...

No not 10 times = 10 secs and your vid shows us that you are trying to reboot it by pressing the center button down whilst you have the USB cable attached? I have never read any instructions that say to do this.

Now the touchpad as I understand it, is no different than any other computer when it boots up. It should run POST or its equivalent hardware checks before loading the OS and detect any hardware plugged into it. In this case it will be the USB connection?

Try it this way and please reply back with what happens at each of the 4 steps.

Now I know this must be frustrating for you and I really do not hope that you will take this as condescending, but please remember to not count your seconds as if you are rattling off your telephone number. I do tech support for a living and still have to count in elephants at times as I can be rather impatient on occasion

Ok so lets start...

1; Remove the USB cable from the TP (as you have it in your vid)

2; Ok, with your TP on the CM7 loading screen, press and hold down the power and center buttons for 20 secs or UNTIL the screen goes blank. At this point let go immediately!

Your touchpad should remain blank?

3; Plug your USB cable (that came with the TP) in to the touchpad and then directly into a know working USB port of your PC.

Do not plug it into any USB multi-adapter device!

4; Press and hold the volume + and power keys for 20secs or UNTIL the USB screen appears. At this point let go immediately

I hope this helps? Please let us know
    nightcarlos likes this.
    If he can DR it then moboot should be wiped out allowing him to boot into webOS and remove the partitions, right?
    As far as I know. Not an expert on the CM7 by far, just wanted him to know he will still have a varying level of work to do once doctored.

From what I have seen, if it boots into webOS, everything else *should* be fixable.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    As far as I know. Not an expert on the CM7 by far, just wanted him to know he will still have a varying level of work to do once doctored.

From what I have seen, if it boots into webOS, everything else *should* be fixable.
    Well of course he will need to restore his webOS to his liking once doctored but after that there will be some cleaning to do to get rid of the existing Android files, moboot and possible partition which is documented in the TouchPad CM7 forums. It does not take any longer than the android installation should and he can always keeps the two partitions to re-install android again.

I would definitely recommend performing a FULL wipe of the android OS from the touchpad as it is clear that the current installation is corrupt and any attempt to re-install CM7 as-is may result in reusing the offending files. ...And bringing him back to square one.
    Last edited by MINKIN2; 12/28/2011 at 06:22 PM.
    In order to avoid unnecessarily frightening anyone with overly dramatic subject lines I believe that the title should be changed from My Touchpad is Dead!!!! to I Borked Up an Unauthorized Android Install and Bricked My Touchpad!!!!.

Currently the subject line would leave an unsuspecting consumer to believe that it is a hardware issue when in fact it is not.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    MINKIN2 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast