1.    #1  
    got a touchpad for christmas and I love it so far, but I was in the software manager section and it said that there was one update available for HP catalog from 3.0.3900 to 5.0.2900, I downloads it now the HP catlog applogo is slightly transparent and has ring inthe top right corner (blue ringed). Then in the software section whenever I click back on it it says I still have the old version of HP catalog (3.0.3900).

when I do click the HP catalog app it takes me to two separate windows one of a black background with the outline of a phone in the middle, amd one to a web browser that loads up a little bit and then says error unable to resolve host.

I camt download any apps, just made an account to ask for help on this, this TP is basically useless without the function of HP catalog.

help please, also whats this doctor thing
    First I would try to reboot. Push the on/off button for around 10seconds and choose shutdown. When finished press the on/off button again 10seconds and boot up.
    The doctor will reflash the device to factory and is our last resort if anything else fails.
    There are a lot of thready and wikis about it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    First I would try to reboot. Push the on/off button for around 10seconds and choose shutdown. When finished press the on/off button again 10seconds and boot up.
    The doctor will reflash the device to factory and is our last resort if anything else fails.
    There are a lot of thready and wikis about it.
    how do I do this doctor thing because ive tried evrrythijg , ive waited days hoping it would sort its self out, help
    Quote Originally Posted by majortak View Post
    how do I do this doctor thing because ive tried evrrythijg , ive waited days hoping it would sort its self out, help
    Follow the steps in this link:
    Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor

Good luck!
    Go to the software manager, tap the icon on the right of the App Catalog, and select Download Again, or whatever it shows there to retry the download.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Just stopping in to ask a Mod to get rid of some of those exclamation points in the title--makes my heart race everytime I look at them and the op's problem is on its way to being solved.
    I also had the same problem with a brand new hp that I got for Christmas. I could not get the hp app catalog to finish updating. I had the blue ring on the app that you speak up. To fix I did a reboot by holding down the power button, holding down the down volume button and holding down the big center button. I had to hold mine around 20-30secs, so just keep on holding down until it reboots. That fixed the hp app catalog for me, give it a try.

I also have the problem of it not updating the webos. I am holding off before I doctor for a week or so to see if hp fixes. I read it could be a hp server issue.

Also something the original post did not mention but I cannot get my calendar to synch with my pre. My apps all synced but not the calendar so I am confident I have the account set up correct. I can even buy apps on tp without changing any info..billing ect..
    Anyone have a fix for that?