Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes
    The completed sales list includes the HP last round of blowouts and not all completed listings resulted in sales.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    The completed sales list includes the HP last round of blowouts and not all completed listings resulted in sales.
    Sounds like they should have had you write the article. You sir, know what you are talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    Good luck getting an iPad 3 for $499, right now the iPad shows $598.88 to $642.79
    according to a quick yahoo search. Apple has never and probably will not ever be know for low or reasonable prices.

I was unaware the demand for the cheap fire sale TouchPad has lowered. I still think $400 to $500 is a reasonable price for the TouchPad. It is not dead apps are still being made and developement is still in process. Neither of the two are at the speed we desire but I am still hopeful for quality improvement and webOS hardware for 2012.

What the heck? Ipad 2 is available as low as 419.00, I own a TouchPad and while its a neat machine it is not even worth 400 to 500 bucks whatsoever. I bought one because I am impartial to brands, I just like technology, I like iOS, Android, and I will even pick up a Windows 8 tablet when it comes out.
    sinsin07 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by KScotty View Post
    What the heck? Ipad 2 is available as low as 419.00, I own a TouchPad and while its a neat machine it is not even worth 400 to 500 bucks whatsoever. I bought one because I am impartial to brands, I just like technology, I like iOS, Android, and I will even pick up a Windows 8 tablet when it comes out.
    This is the proper outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    This is the proper outlook.
    Only in your, not so humble, opinion!
    Rnp likes this.
    Only in your, not so humble, opinion!
    Háháháhá...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by KScotty View Post
    The hardware would have been worth the 400 to 500 on the consumer market. The thing that would bring that down aside from killing the line would be a few easily correctable issues that went unnoticed or just did not get the development time needed. The issues in webOS itself should have seen more development time and resources allocated, they really dropped the ball on that. An issue specific to the physical design would be that speaker crack issue which could have easily been dealt with by a simple reinforcing ring either molded into the design or set in there before the components went in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Maybe he's counting on a discount for selling his soul to a carrier for 2 years?

Oh right, the 16GB. For some reason that option just never comes to mind when talking about a WiFi only mobile device.
    Yea I didn't take into consideration a 3G version cost. But when you add in the monthly cost the $499 discount price is really not all that great. I have never seen the need for 3G for most users except those that use the tablet to make money or run a buisness where wifi is not always available. A subject for another forum.
    Last edited by speedygodzilla; 12/30/2011 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    The Touchpad has a value today of $400 to $500? On which planet?
    The value is up to the worth to the individual. To me the TouchPad is still well worth the $600 I originally paid for it. I use it daily while my laptop barely gets used anymore. There are many quality apps and a decent amount of games I can easily waste time on. I did end up getting my $ refunded at Best Buy and paid the fire sale prices to keep it. But I still find my touchpad to be a quality tablet well worth the original investment for me.

I still think a more pricing it the same as the I-Pad originally was asking for failure. It lacked the better hardware and the app quantity. They should of either priced it much lower or at least beat if not match the I-Pad 2 hardware and boost apps if they wanted to sell if for the same $.
    Last edited by speedygodzilla; 12/30/2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Add last paragraph
    The value is up to the worth to the individual. To me the TouchPad is still well worth the $600 I originally paid for it. I use it daily while my laptop barely gets used anymore. There are many quality apps and a decent amount of games I can easily waste time on. I did end up getting my $ refunded at Best Buy and paid the fire sale prices to keep it. But I still find my touchpad to be a quality tablet well worth the original investment for me.

I still think a more pricing it the same as the I-Pad originally was asking for failure. It lacked the better hardware and the app quantity. They should of either priced it much lower or at least beat if not match the I-Pad 2 hardware and boost apps if they wanted to sell if for the same $.
    The price difference idea may have been all it took to get their foot in the door. Once it caught on then raise the price. You need to get a marketing job at HP. :-}
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

• As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Of course no TouchPad owners used Touch-to-Share, there's no devices other than other TouchPads to TTS with . . . however, you'll notice there sure are a lot of Android users that are excited about the "Near Field Communication" support, which is it's big brothers.

The main bits of our hardwares are quite nice, the software needed a lot more thrown behind it. There's lots of bits and pieces of awesome here, scattered amongst a whole bunch of "if only"s.
    Funny, I use TTS more than I ever thought I would between my TP and Pre3.
    The value is up to the worth to the individual. To me the TouchPad is still well worth the $600 I originally paid for it.
    Statement.

I still think a more pricing it the same as the I-Pad originally was asking for failure.
    Contradiction?

It lacked the better hardware... They should of either priced it much lower or at least beat if not match the I-Pad 2 hardware...
    Are you familiar w/ the TP specs? GPS is where it fell short.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Statement.

Contradiction?

Are you familiar w/ the TP specs? GPS is where it fell short.
    No it is not a contradiction. I am a Palm fan and would of bought the tablet regardless because I was already in love with webOS. I however am not blinded by my fan boy attitude not to see the stupidity of pricing something the same as something with better hardware, more apps, more fans, and popularity.

I am more than familiar with TP specs, I proudly own two (well one is the wifes but what hers is mine lol). I am not familiar with I-Pad 2 Specs other than the many times I actually see it in the wild. The TP lacks not only GPS, but back camera, thinner, lighter, in addition to finger print magnet. I know that the size and weight are partially for touchstone but still we need to beat the competition if we are going to match the price. It that is just the hardware side!
  14.    #34  
    What's the going price nowadays on a Touchpad in relatively good shape?
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    What's the going price nowadays on a Touchpad in relatively good shape?
    I got mine from craigslist for 150-200 i think and it was pretty crap shape. Basicly android people decide they want to mess around with mods and stuff and get one and then sell it to use webOS fans in crap shape at a profit.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    You can get a BNIB TP 4G for $ 219.- or so on eBay. The specs are still quite decent for a 2 year old tablet, especially since you could run multiple OS-es on it if you'd want to (webOS, Android, Ubuntu, Ubuntu Touch etc). If you look for other tablets with 32GB, 3G/4G (well actually FauxG) you cannot find a better deal for a proper brand. Cheapass Chinese knockoffs maybe yes.
    Remy X and geekpeter like this.
    I bought my three Touchpads (32GB) for about 200$ each over a year ago, through eBay and locally via Kijiji, they included various accessories, either the Touchstone, cases, keyboard. All were in great shape, with one having the cracks around the speakers issues, the other two are still fine. My "worse scenario was one had the charging circuit issue that took a while to fix, but it's been fine since, and now, "my" touchpad is starting to show signs of battery life getting shorter, which I already have a spare ready to switch when I consider the time has come.

Then got a few more Touchstones from eBay at about 20-30$ each.

As far as every "new" tablet I've seen, the specs aren't that different, just last night a new Android Samsung tablet.. the load time of a web page was barely faster, etc.. the sound quality doesn't come close to the Touchpad, and while a bit thinner/lighter, with the case, it's not much different than a Touchpad with the HP sleeve.

If I had the money, I'd get more to give as gifts to friends and family, and I have no doubt that they'd enjoy them... unless they end up being the App junkies such as those that pulled many Touchpad owners to the "dark side" anyways.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    geekpeter and Remy X like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    I bought my three Touchpads (32GB) for about 200$ each over a year ago, through eBay and locally via Kijiji, they included various accessories, either the Touchstone, cases, keyboard. All were in great shape, with one having the cracks around the speakers issues, the other two are still fine. My "worse scenario was one had the charging circuit issue that took a while to fix, but it's been fine since, and now, "my" touchpad is starting to show signs of battery life getting shorter, which I already have a spare ready to switch when I consider the time has come.

Then got a few more Touchstones from eBay at about 20-30$ each.

As far as every "new" tablet I've seen, the specs aren't that different, just last night a new Android Samsung tablet.. the load time of a web page was barely faster, etc.. the sound quality doesn't come close to the Touchpad, and while a bit thinner/lighter, with the case, it's not much different than a Touchpad with the HP sleeve.

If I had the money, I'd get more to give as gifts to friends and family, and I have no doubt that they'd enjoy them... unless they end up being the App junkies such as those that pulled many Touchpad owners to the "dark side" anyways.
    bought 2 family members touchpads for crimbo'2012 as their android users on their phones so they know how to work it, as well as experimenting with some webOS stuff, they still use them today and they still work perfectly well with the CM10 i installed for them.

One of them bought a touchstone later and ofc likes it, only issue 1 of them had was having issues putting some EA games on like dead space but once i told him how to remedy that easy old issue it all works perfecty well and he got all he wanted going without issue.

ive said it plenty of times before but its still a good device even today, again im still gutted the touchpad go didnt get as widespread because that also would have been a superb tablet had it also aquired all the OS ports the touchpad has.

THE most useful and adaptive large and small screen tablets could have been both the touchpad and touchpad go even today.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Remy X likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12