Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bkdg100
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    How can I stop the touchpad from turning on when I plug it in to charge?
    I haven't found a way yet, you can go in the Screen & Lock and shut off the Show When Locked though so that it doesn't turn off when you get a notification.

This way you will still have to hit the lock button after you plug it in, though.
    What I always do is plug in to charge and then shutdown the device. Of course, it will not boot again.
    Quote Originally Posted by agenda21 View Post
    I have not found a way to keep it from turning on using my Touchstone, either. I simply set it in the Touchstone and then put it to sleep. It charges and promptly turns on when I want to use it. This is my solution.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by old_geekster View Post
    I have not found a way to keep it from turning on using my Touchstone, either. I simply set it in the Touchstone and then put it to sleep. It charges and promptly turns on when I want to use it. This is my solution.
    how do you like the touchstone? I hear a lot about it on this site, how's it work with cases?
    HP EliteBook 8540W
    HP Touchpad 16GB - Zagg InvisibleShield - Skinomi Black Carbon Fiber Case
    Samsung Mesmerize - Commuter Case
    Coming:
    Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 - recommend a case for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by agenda21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
    how do you like the touchstone? I hear a lot about it on this site, how's it work with cases?
    I bought it at HP Stores for $49.95 ($30 savings). I would pay twice as much after using it. I never have to worry about my TP being charged. It works perfectly with the HP case, as well. It is one product that works better than I had anticipated. BUY IT!!! You won't be sorry.

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    got touchstone for xmas . used it for 2 days now and could not imagine living without it ( gonna hunt down a backup one ) . i have stock hp case on touchpad and it charges great in webos and in droid boot . i having displaying clock and local temp but will set up later to run picture show and remote desktop , so i can impress the wife with my toys.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdg100 View Post
    got touchstone for xmas . used it for 2 days now and could not imagine living without it ( gonna hunt down a backup one ) . i have stock hp case on touchpad and it charges great in webos and in droid boot . i having displaying clock and local temp but will set up later to run picture show and remote desktop , so i can impress the wife with my toys.
    This is a great feature, also. However, I simply don't need it. I push the power button a second time and it goes to sleep. I may use the picture feature later.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
    The only problem is the screen is not "guaranteed" to stay off while on touchpad. Even if u press the power button to turn it off, it can randomly turn back on. Doesnt look like its caused by notifications, very random. "Nightstand" app is nice, but just a lame work-around.

anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
    The only problem is the screen is not "guaranteed" to stay off while on touchpad. Even if u press the power button to turn it off, it can randomly turn back on. Doesnt look like its caused by notifications, very random. "Nightstand" app is nice, but just a lame work-around.

anyone help?
    I have this happen infrequently, but most of the time when using Cyanogenmod 7.1 Alpha 3.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

anyone help?
    I have the same issue from time to time. The screen will be on all night without my knowng . This only happens when its plugged in.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I have set the autolock to screen off after 2 minutes and lock after 5 minutes of no activity. So when I plug in and the screen lights up, it's off in 2 minutes, and being in a case, it's no big deal.
    jgb (Tpad)
    Palm Treo 680, HP Touchpad

anyone help?

It wakes up from notifications or network activity. If you set the Wifi to turn off when the screen is off (in WiFi Prefs) it won't wake up after you use the power button to turn the screen off.

Plus that saves battery life when not in use. And with that non-replaceable battery....
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Wow I can't believe there's no simple option to prevent it from turning on when I plug it in to charge. I have moboot (the boot manager that installed with cyanogen mod) and I might try making it so the default option is "shutdown", if that's possible. Still, that's kind of inconvenient. Right now I have my default boot option as WebOS.
    I think it's intended to be run continuously.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: