Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Handbrake + VLC = bye bye CSS.
    Quote Originally Posted by breathlessTP View Post
    So if it consistently works for you, what software are you using BEFORE Handbrake to remove copy protection from your dvds? If you don't use a program then how is Handbrake working for you without something?

Thanks in advance - I appreciate it.
    For most folks, copying the decrypted dvd contents to a hard drive first is practically a given, and occurs before discussion of encoding usually begins, which is probably why nobody thought to mention it.
    Last edited by sq5; 01/11/2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sq5 View Post
    For most folks, copying the decrypted dvd contents to a hard drive first is practically a given, and occurs before discussion of encoding usually begins, which is probably why nobody thought to mention it.
    Well thanks for the comment/info but for now I'm giving up. I did copy a movie to my hard drive hoping to view on my PC, then encode it with Handbrake to move to the Touchpad, but after it copied WIN had a message ([problem]) with the audio and there was no picture. So that's that.

I'll just be content with the music I have on my Touchpad which for right now is better than nothing.

Thanks ALL members for helping out - I appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by breathlessTP View Post
    Well thanks for the comment/info but for now I'm giving up. I did copy a movie to my hard drive hoping to view on my PC, then encode it with Handbrake to move to the Touchpad, but after it copied WIN had a message ([problem]) with the audio and there was no picture. So that's that.

I'll just be content with the music I have on my Touchpad which for right now is better than nothing.

Thanks ALL members for helping out - I appreciate it!
    You should be able to stream from amazon website and I think from Vudu as well.
    Amazon has some 0.99 cent deals going on, just got one for Super8.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    You should be able to stream from amazon website and I think from Vudu as well.
    Amazon has some 0.99 cent deals going on, just got one for Super8.

bluenote: I'm fine for the most part. There's nothing I wanna stream and never heard of Vudu but I'll check it out though.

Thanks again - appreciate it.
    sure . Vudu is Walmart's online streaming video service, has a huge selection, bigger than Amazon I think. I don't know why they didn't rename it Walmart...
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    You can't just copy a DVD to your hard drive. The video files remain encrypted, and the decryption key (embedded on the DVD) is lost. You need to use special copying software that incorporates the DeCSS algorithm to "guess" the correct key.

There are plenty of free programs around to rip DVDs to a TouchPad-compatible video file and remove copy protection in one step.

You can start here:
    Decrypters (DVD Rippers) - VideoHelp.com Downloads
    DVD to AVI/DivX/XviD - VideoHelp.com Downloads

Or check Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: USB Safely Remove 4.7 - USB Safely Remove is a replacement for Safely Remove Hardware tool aimed to save time on active work with USB ... every day for a while and you'll find one being given away within a week or two.

But for the moment you probably should just download the free version of the popular DVDFab Decrypter program: DVDFab HD Decrypter. Free to Decrypt DVD and Blu-ray, free to Copy DVD and Blu-ray.

and use it to copy the DVD to your hard drive and then use Handbrake on it.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/13/2012 at 10:33 AM.
    OMG! Thanks to all this help, I DID IT. Needless to say I sat on pins and needles dowloading programs, following instructions and waiting for the outcome. But now I've got two movies on my PC - transferred to Touchpad and loving every minute of it. Yippie!!! (dancing and snapping fingers as best as I can). Gotta love great members with their advice.

Now I can worry less about my upcoming "event" and have fun thinking about which of my dvds I wanna watch. Hmmmm....

Again - MUCH THANKS TO ALL!!!
    Just to chime... I use the free DVDShrink program to rip the movie to my computer - while also stripping DRM content. If you grab a copy of Kalemsoft's Media Player, there is no need to use Handbrake. Handbrake is only needed to convert the file if you are using the stock video player - Kalemsoft doesn't need this as it plays more file types.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Just to chime... I use the free DVDShrink program to rip the movie to my computer - while also stripping DRM content. If you grab a copy of Kalemsoft's Media Player, there is no need to use Handbrake. Handbrake is only needed to convert the file if you are using the stock video player - Kalemsoft doesn't need this as it plays more file types.
    I DO have Kalemsoft but didn't know that. And thanks for adding your comment which deserves another OMG from me. Why? I've seen so many posts from you, Jason R. and many, many other members who thankfully jump in there with really great HELP for "noobs" like me. Ya gotta love this community.

I'm walking on a cloud right now!!!!!!!
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I mentioned giveawayoftheday.com as a source for free DVD->mp4 rippers earlier. They have one posted today (Saturday Jan 14th), Aiseesoft Total Media Converter.
    Hi,I have sum sung Con touch pad.But i don't know which app is best for downloading movies in my touchpad?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12