1.    #1  
    hi, i just got my ho touchpad and im not very internet savvy so i need some help. my wifi connection keeps going on and off, my laptop on the other hand doesnt do that. and they are both logged into the same wifi network. can anyone shed some light pn that? i would really appreciate it. Oh also it is very difficult to add an email account, its near impossible. you can reply here or email me at pawpaw4@hotmail.com.
    Last edited by patriciaallison; 12/26/2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: forgot something
    go into your WiFi preferences and turnoff automatic for ip address. Leave it at set number
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by battscrew1 View Post
    go into your WiFi preferences and turnoff automatic for ip address. Leave it at set number
    thanks I will try it and let you know.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by battscrew1 View Post
    ok I did like you said, and I will observe over the next few days. I was wondering if something was maybe wrong with my touchpad, because now i am getting emails but on yahoo messenger when i send an im sometimes they go but i absolutely cannot receive ims from the person i am sending them to. will your suggestion work for that too or should I bring back the touchpad to the supplier
  5.    #5  
    I turned of the automatic but the wifi still dropped. While I am on my laptop which is using the same network.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. I could be browsing from web page to web page and it will drop the signal every so often. I have to turn off WiFi and then turn back on.

This is very annoying and would appreciate any other ideas to solve this problem.
    same here
    Thanks for the suggestion! My parents are also getting this problem on their Touchpad, particularly over the past few days. All of their other devices are fine. I'll give this a try and see if that makes a difference.
    I had the same issues here and chatted with Pre support. We tried everything and finally had to do an erase. It has happened regularly since then and I have found a quick work around. I have a Belkin 150 router which continues to work fine for the PC but not the Touchpad. I unplug the power adapter from the router for about 15 seconds while I have the TP on, then I plug it back in. This breaks the wifi connection and resets it. I have to enter my router password again but that's easier than erasing everything. For me this works everytime (too often). There seems to be another issue about cookie buildup that I'm still working on, but that's another thread.
    use wpa protection instead of wpa2

with my touchpad wpa2 was terrible, impossible to load a simple video on youtube. Now all works fine
    Having wifi connection problems, not like above but tpad is unable to connect my netgear vmdg280 router or phone tether. It was fine for months then yesterday it just refused to connect, just kept saying Association Failed. Tried the Doctor and it seemed to fix the connection and logged into and reloaded my account/apps. O.K.until I switched off then on again....same old problem. Doctored again but this time it won't connect and I can't even sign in to my HP account because no network!. I have tried changing router settings (even though it won't work with tether)...no good. The day before I updated 2 apps :BOOKOOS and another game but now I can't get into the tpad to try and delete them....any ideas?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    johnjaycee,

Try setting a fixed IP for your Touchpad,

On the Wifi preferences card,

+ Tap the failed association network name,
    + Disable automatic IP settings,
    + Then, enter the respective addresses of your network.
    Quote Originally Posted by getsun View Post
    johnjaycee,

Try setting a fixed IP for your Touchpad,

On the Wifi preferences card,

+ Tap the failed association network name,
    + Disable automatic IP settings,
    + Then, enter the respective addresses of your network.
    Just an update, I managed to connect to another wireless network and finish HP setup, but when back home same old login problem occurs. I cannot get connection. I cannot get the card up to disable automatic IP because all it does is try to connect and fail.
    Same wifi problem read loads of similar msgs so did a diagnostics check and showed up as wifi code 1000 any ideas anyone?
    I was having a similar problem - wifi connectivity was intermittent on my new (to me) Touchpad - until I found a patch in Preware called "WiFi Fix for TouchPad 304"