Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kjhenrie
  1.    #1  
    (excuse any typos, i have a stuck N key at the moment )

Love Calbire Kindle import etc but I am just haing too many problems every time i want to put on a new book.

I get as far as loading up the new books in Calibre, sending them to the device.......Now, I dont know if I did this or the software did but I looked at a my HP TP through Finder when I was in USB mode and I see an eBooks folder that has the 8 books i installed earlier but even after using Kindle Import, etc, and going back to that folder usig USB import, again I never see any new books I try to install but just the original 8.
    Not sure if that tells me anything or not?

In any event, load the new ones up in Calibre and send to device while in USB mode.
    Then go back to regular mode, press on Kindle Import and Load new books but once I am done, no matter what i still only see the books I loaded up last time.
    I cant seem to see thenew ones I am trying to get onto my HP.

I last tried about 5 weeks ago to install some other books and ran into big problems as well. Cant recall exactly what now but i was told to deregister Kindle I think it was, which I did a nd reregistered.......whatever it was i had to do, it was a lot of work and took some time.

I dont want to have to do this every time I just want to install one or two new books.

I just tried to install 30 new ones that i figured would keep the hubby busy long enough i woudlnt have to keep going though this hassle each time he neded a new book.

So is there something i am doing wrong OR another way around installing newer books onto it short of having to redelete the programs, redownload them and reset them up again and then reset up the ebooks I had installed before........to install a new one or more?

Is there something I am doing wrong or missing?

Last question.......I am about to put Droid onto this TP if i can do it. I havet yet looked to see if it is easy or very very difficiult to do yet but if it is reasonably easy for me to do, IF i put it on the HP, then does anyone know if it is much easier to import books onto the Kindle at that point?

Thanks.

( I should add that i like the webOS browser so much IF ONLY I could get my ebooks on here without any problem I would stick with use webOS )
    Last edited by ShelaghDB; 12/26/2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Unless something is messed up with your TP importing new books with Calibre and Kindle Import is easy. A few things to consider:

1. Calibre sends the books to /media/internal/.palmkindle
    2. The . In .palmkindle means the folder is normally hidden unless viewing hidden files/folders is enabled in the file browser you are using
    3. I am not sure where the eBooks folder came from but neither Kindle or Kindle Import created it
    4. You need to make sure the books you are sending are in the mobi format with the .mobi extension. You can filter out all other types in Calibre to make sure you are only sending the right format.
    5. You need to use the "Load New Books" button to pick up new books. You should not see books you already imported in Kindle Import unless you tap "Load Existing Books", if you have deregistered or reinstalled Kindle, or if you deleted the books using Kindle Import.

I add new books on three different TP's very often and I never have to uninstall, reregister, etc...

Add books to calibre, convert to mobi, attach tp and select usb device, make sure calibre recognizes the TP, select books, send to device, make sure the books have the checkmark next to them in calibre indicating that they are on the device, eject TP, tap load new books button in kindle import, deselect any books that I don't want to import, tap import books button, then open kindle and wait for it to refresh.
  3.    #3  
    Its possible that I made that ebook folder way back in the beginning. Your post now proves that it was me and i can delete that.

No I have just done it again, after reading your post. I could see right away that i was doing it correctly and so I tried one last time.......i only have .mobi books so i dot need to change them.......i can see my files in my browser, CHROME as I have hidde files showing and in the PalmKindle folder i can see the books are there. I took screenshots if needed. I tap load new books button.....i see somethig that says operation in programs but again once i open up Kidle, I can only see the books from last time, not the ones i have installed, even aftr waiting for refresh

not sure why this keeps happening on mine.........i have only done it twice before so admitteldy I cant remember what i did last time.......but i am pretty sure i had to delete all the programs, deregister, redownload them set them back up and reimport the books..........which was quite a bit of work.

Today I dont know what to do.........i guess i have to do the same again........if so i have to find a different way to reead ebooks on here-----so i just dont knoo what i am doing wrong or why it wont work except for the first time.......the second time it wont, it appears

BTW, I dont see a media folder but only a palmkindle folder but that is where i see them
    If you see the .palmkindle folder and it has the new books in it then you are in the /media/internal folder and everything is as it should be.

After you tap on Load New Books does the operation in progress message get replaced with a list of the new books? If so tapping on the Import Books button once the list of books appears will do the import.
  5.    #5  
    press o LOAD NEW BOOKS
    see new books, with checkmarks beside them
    press IMPORT BOOKS see 23 imported ( me thinks THAT might be the step I missed)

LOL THAT was it............I was not pressing IMPORT but thought i was naturally importig them when I pressed on LOAD NEW BOOKS

/phew much thanks for figuring out the step i was missing
    as this is what i do with this kindle most---use ebooks
    now i know i wont have this problem again

thx ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelaghDB View Post
    press o LOAD NEW BOOKS
    see new books, with checkmarks beside them
    press IMPORT BOOKS see 23 imported ( me thinks THAT might be the step I missed)

LOL THAT was it............I was not pressing IMPORT but thought i was naturally importig them when I pressed on LOAD NEW BOOKS

/phew much thanks for figuring out the step i was missing
    as this is what i do with this kindle most---use ebooks
    now i know i wont have this problem again

thx ;-)
    No problem I am glad it's working.
    joedisaster likes this.