Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TopTongueBarry
  1. eqr
    Anyone had a chance to play with one of the 7" Touchpad prototypes? Neither the front or rear cameras appears to be active. Wonder if it's do-able?
    Quote Originally Posted by eqr View Post
    Anyone had a chance to play with one of the 7" Touchpad prototypes? Neither the front or rear cameras appears to be active. Wonder if it's do-able?
    Use the meta doctor script for opal to 3.0.4 using the AT&T TP 4G 3.0.4 doctor as the base doctor image along with the files you need to create from your TP GO by doing a complete memboot backup of it. (I presume it has 3.0.3 on it ???)

You'll need to edit the meta doctor script to make use of the absolute path and file names of your memboot backup files.

After you meta doctor to 3.0.4 both camera's work.

TTB

EDIT: I forgot you need to have a doctor in order to do a memboot backup. The only way to go to 3.0.4 on your TP GO will be using the above method, but without a doctor to begin with you will need to try to find the set of three files from a 3.0.3 memboot someone made, compressed into rar files and placed out on the Internet. Some people have had success finding them. I "think" they were named opal.part1.rar ...part2.rar ...part3.rar

Uncompress them all at once using winrar once you find them, and put the extracted into a subfolder called opal under the meta-doctor folder. Using the ATT Touchpad 4G 3.0.4 doctor and the files in those three compressed rar files you can run the script opal-meta-doctor to create a 3.0.4 meta doctor that will work on your TP GO.

The bright side is once you've completed the process successfully, you'll have in your possession a meta doctor you can always use to restore your own device.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 12/27/2011 at 06:46 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    ka1 likes this.