1.    #1  
    So I just got my refurbished TouchPad that I bought for my girlfriend and I'm already having problems. First of all whenever I type some of the buttons on the keyboard it always types the letter next to it as well (ie whenever I type "N" it triggers both the letters "N" & "M." The same goes for U, I and K.)

The WebOS installed is 3.0.2, I was hoping that updating to 3.0.4 would solve my problem but whenever I try for a software update it keeps saying that my device is up to date already. Plus after downloading WebOS Doctor every time I try to open it it says "Cannot open MIME File" and whenever I put it into USB Mode it doesn't automatically run WebOS Doctor.

I'd really appreciate you guys' help, I really don't want to roll the dice with a replacement refurb or to send it back to HP, esp since this was a Christmas present and so I'd like for my GF to enjoy it. Happy Holidays guys!

(also I noticed that my "brand new" HP Touchpad has a brighter screen than her refurb even at 100% brightness and auto dim off.)
    im having the same problem also. the TP says i'm updated all the way, but it's 3.0.2. i havent tried the webOS doctor route because im a little too busy to figure it out at the moment, but is there any thing i can try to just have the TP update correctly without webOS doctor? i'd really like to avoid it if possible
  3.    #3  
    I'd rather be able to at least update with WebOS Doctor if it can fix the keyboard problems so I don't have to send it in. It looks like there even a lag with screen touch response too.
    The latest webOS doctor can always be found at webOS-Internals.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    godzillinois,

You download the webOS doctor on your PC, not on your TouchPad.

At least, without you specifying what you were doing, I'm assuming from your description of the error message, that that's what you were doing wrong.

Spaceman,

Try waiting a day or two. Patience, while the servers are being hammered.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6.    #6  
    thanks eBlade, unfortunately WebOS Doctor downloads but for some reason fails to install Into my computer. It failed twice, and it even failed to install in my girlfriend's computer. This is very frustrating, the buttons in the keyboard are still broke and now can't even use WebOS doctor to try and update to 3.0.4 to see if that will fix it. I was happy with my TouchPad but this new refurb and failed updates is souring me on HP.
    When you say it fails to install what do you mean? Fails to run? Or the install doesn't complete?

The webOS Doctor should be an executable .jar file format, which requires the latest java release. I recommend uninstalling java and deleting the .jar file, then downloading the latest of both from here for the Doctor and here for Java.

If it still fails after that, then post back

Additionally, the keyboard issues are on the device? or a Bluetooth keyboard?

Will.
    Gathering from some other threads, it seems that HP's updating system is down.

Since today (Monday 12-26-11) is largely being considered a holiday in the US, it's likely we'll have to wait until Tuesday to see any solution.

Even though I was going to get my new 3.0 TP rocked out with the current version and have my own personal webOS Day, I think I'll just cool my heels and wait rather than resort to using the doctor. I don't have a reliable, fast internet connection and I do have terrible USB ports. I don't want to be one of the ones with it stuck at 62%--if I can even get it to download.
  9.    #9  
    well I downloaded the jar file successfully but after the last installation step on the two MacBook Pros I have it says installation failed. Plus the problems I'm having is on the virtual keyboard of the TouchPad. I thought it typed ok in landscape mode but apparently "I" registers twice whenever it is typed. This is getting very frustrating, I guess I'll wait until tomorrow and hope the update will work then. If updating to 3.0.4 doesn't solve the problem who do I talk to about getting the TouchPad fixed?
    Last edited by godzillinois; 12/26/2011 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by godzillinois View Post
    well I downloaded the jar file successfully but after the last installation step on the two MacBook Pros I have it says installation failed. Plus the problems I'm having is on the virtual keyboard of the TouchPad. I thought it typed ok in landscape mode but apparently "I" registers twice whenever it is typed. This is getting very frustrating, I guess I'll wait until tomorrow and hope the update will work then. If updating to 3.0.4 doesn't solve the problem who do I talk to about getting the TouchPad fixed?
    Contact webOS support to arrange a repair via warranty. You can start chatting with them by going to Help app on your TouchPad and clicking live chat at the bottom of the app.
    Devices:
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.2 Kernel 3.0
    HP TouchPad 4G 32 GB - webOS 3.0.5 + CyanogenMod 10.1 MBM Beta
    HTC One (T-Mobile)
    Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" 2012
    Apple iPhone 4 (Verizon)
    Are you familiar with the terminal? If so, run the Doctor in there, and you will see what it is having issues with.

Assuming by last step you mean before the installation starts, it sounds like an issue with novacom, so installing the SDK should fix that.
  12.    #12  
    well my gf installed 3.0.4 and the problems still remain, I guess its time to call someone.
    This is why I never want to update!
  14.    #14  
    well the updating wasn't the problem, my refurb TP had issues from the beginning that updating didn't solve. I just talked with WebOS Help and they basically told me they can't do anything until I run WebOS Doctor to pintpoint the problem, but I stil can't get WebOS Doctor to run on either of my Macbook Pro Laptops