1.    #1  
    I was setting up my parents TP after we gave it to them for Christmas. I went to system updates and nothing is available after 3.0.0. Anyone else have the same problem? Thanks in advance.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    I had the same problem with my brother's TP I got him for Christmas. I talked to support and they directed me to use the WebOS doctor found here: www.palm.com/rom

or download the doctor for your TouchPad at webos-internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgquiet67 View Post
    I had the same problem with my brother's TP I got him for Christmas. I talked to support and they directed me to use the WebOS doctor found here: www.palm.com/rom

I have the same issue happening here . Did the Doctor resolve this or was this just the suggestion by Support.I was wondering if while the servers were down or having problems when we couldnt log into our accounts something had happened.So I was going to give it another day and see if this resolved it. We just today have been trying to refresh for updates to the System
    same here... I have had a tp for a while and gave one to my wife for Christmas, shows 3.02 with no new updates. Like no 3.04 as I have have.

Dan
    Had the same thing happen with my Kids christmas touchpads.....resolved itself a couple of days later....no worries. Just helped my mother with her iPad.....boy I hate those things!
    I'm having the same problem with the refurb TouchPad I got for my GF for XMas. Its at 3.0.2 and keeps saying it's "up to date" when I try a software update. Also my keys are messed up, multiple buttons register whenever I type (ie "N" & "M" both type if I try to type either letter singularly, same goes for U, I & K.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzeppi View Post
    Had the same thing happen with my Kids christmas touchpads.....resolved itself a couple of days later....no worries. Just helped my mother with her iPad.....boy I hate those things!
    The iPad can be a pain, especially if it is on the software before iOS 5 and requires you to sync to a computer. Cause then you have to load up itunes and bla bla.

With the TP, the doctor is basically the only work around if you really need to reset the TP to base settings. I had to do this when the latest OS update came out and I didn't completely delete all my preware data from the TP. Got the damn locked up screen! Doctor was the only way to fix it and start from scratch.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    I recently got a refurbished one off of ebay, for the first few days it was saying up to date with 3.02, but it eventually updated. So if you don't want to use the doctor, waiting a couple days might help.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by T4H_KiserSose View Post
    I have the same issue happening here . Did the Doctor resolve this or was this just the suggestion by Support.I was wondering if while the servers were down or having problems when we couldnt log into our accounts something had happened.So I was going to give it another day and see if this resolved it. We just today have been trying to refresh for updates to the System
    Yes BTW, I did use the Doctor and updated his TP to 3.04. As some said, you could wait a couple of days to see if you're able to update it OTA. If not, you can use the method I suggested.
    I gave my niece a new TP today, & it had the same issue. It was running 3.0.2 & said it was up to date. I then downloaded the doctor, but when it was time to plug in the TP, it would not go any further. I told her to wait a few days & it should OTA update. Hopefully it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I gave my niece a new TP today, & it had the same issue. It was running 3.0.2 & said it was up to date. I then downloaded the doctor, but when it was time to plug in the TP, it would not go any further. I told her to wait a few days & it should OTA update. Hopefully it does.

You need to put the TP into "update" mode. That's why it wouldn't go any further.

1: Plug the usb wire into the wall charger but not the TP yet.

2: Press and hold the "volume up" button while plugging the usb wire into your TP and hold the "volume up" button until you see a large usb icon on the TP screen.

3: Unplug the usb from the wall charger (leaving the other end plugged in on the TP) and plug it in to your PC and proceed with the Doctor installation.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgquiet67 View Post

That didn't actually work for anyone did it? When I try that route, it takes me to the same non-working page. I can't log into any of my webOS accounts through the HP website.
    Sorry it didn't work for you, completely worked for me without any issues. What do you mean by "non working page"? The link works fine using IE and Firefox for me.
    I had the same problem with my brother's new TouchPad.

Only thing to do was run the 3.0.4 the webOSDoctor http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/touch...4hstnhwifi.jar
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Got the touchpad for Christmas. Wouldn't up date using the system updates, so I used the instructions on the HP website for setting up the doctor and it works perfectly. Then installed incidental and off I go.

It is too bad you have to be a little geeky to get things working well, but I guess it is worth the the $400 I saved over getting the iPad.
    Ugh... I was hoping I wouldn't have to doctor. I scored one for my brother for Christmas and his is at 3.0. The good part is I got to see what the inital pivot mag looked like.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    same here.

my daughter and i are both running 3.04 . original fire sale owners.

bought a new pair for my parents for christmas, and both are locked in at 3.02

i didnt even bother trying to doctor them. i'll wait for the next update.