Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    We bought our son a new TP from HP during the firesale, but it won't update from 3.0.0. Any ideas what we can do since the OTA update won't work over wifi?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/25/2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo in title
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    The HP server that provides updates has been down since at least Friday, so its not your individual TouchPad. My wife's new one shows up-to-date with 3.0.2. I'm going to give HP a couple more days to straighten it out before I try to run webOS doctor to update. I am holding off on any homebrew, over clocking, or preware until later.
    dl the Dr and force it
    see the new touchpad getting started guide
    Just got mine out of the box.....Registered it and have restarted several times.

When I go to System Updates....it says up to date but under device info it says 3.0...

Really want 3.0.4 to be able to get the Camera apps..
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I've downloaded it, but I don't see any "install" for the WebOS Doctor.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Guys, need some help here. Downloaded the latest webos doctor and extracted it to my desktop. There are 3 folders, META-INF, COM, and resources, but I can't find any setup files or anything to install/run the program.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Turns out the link is bad and it downloads rather than runs, so I googled the product, found another link, and it ran when we clicked on it. All is well now.
    webOS Doctor brought my update.....lookin good so far
    jblank, you were supposed to run the JAR not extract it
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Download your desired doctor version here: WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Run doctor until you get to the "Help or Next" screen

Plug USB into outlet, leave TouchPad disconnected

Power TouchPad off, hold volume up, plug USB into TouchPad

Wait until you see a USB symbol, leave TouchPad connected, disconnect USB from outlet

Plug USB into port on your PC

Wait for "Next" button to allow installation

Install!

Happy holidays!
    Dam, I was hoping I wouldnt have to doctor. Does anyone know when and if the servers will be up again?
    Mines stuck on 3.0.2
    yeah, 3.0.2 is really a bummer. no syncing with my non hp phone, no .flac support are two features i wanted. ... at least the accelorometer and sound work
    *sigh*

I have the same issue. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: It's surprising to me how much the Touchpad is already reliant on community support. Not only is the System Update failing silently for the Touchpad, I'm getting "javax.faces.FacesException: Problem in renderResponse: null" on the page which is supposed to have the Touchpad update on HP / Palm's site.

It's comforting to know that there's at least links of the software available elsewhere.
    Thanks guys
    Last edited by larsoncc; 12/26/2011 at 10:18 AM.
    I imagine that this stuff will probably get fixed as soon as someone gets into the offices. We did just have a holiday, you might recall.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: