Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    if you are, what are their ages? Mine are 9 & 7, and I can't wait to see the looks on their faces.

Just finished putting screen protectors on them and wrapping them up. Have TPU cases for in the house and bought a couple of Targus cases (basically re-marketed portable DVD player cases) for when they leave the house. Dreading the first drop, and already coaching myself to stay calm when it happens.

On that note, does anyone know of a case with a wrist lanyard attached? Might come in handy.

Merry Christmas.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I'm only 14 years old, so I don't have any kids yet. However, if I did, they'd all definitely get some Touchpads! I did actually consider picking one up for my parents as they were so cheap. But, alas, they won an iPad in a contest...

On another Christmas note, hopefully Santa's got a Pre 3 or a Touchstone in his sleigh for me!
    My 10 year old daughter that lives several states away, who probably doesn't even remember what I looked like the last time she saw me, received her TouchPad today. Their computer is slightly older than my daughter, so it was high time they had something modern, and they don't have cable Internet, DSL, or even Cell service available where they live.

I had conspired with her mother to obtain a nearby open access WiFi point's name, so I could pre-configure it to auto-connect, I setup a Skype account on it for her, and told her mom that no one was allowed to open the shipping box until they were near that WiFi point. My daughter got it open, powered it up, and it immediately went online and connected to Skype, and as soon as I saw her name light up "Online", I video called her from my TouchPad. Apparently she was so shocked from the sudden ring, that she nearly dropped it .. oops!

It took her nearly a minute to gain composure enough to hit the "Answer" button, and when she did she was so happy she couldn't stop crying. Best Christmas Ever.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I gave mine to my nephew. Well not exactly, I sold my unopened 32gb to my sister for firesale price to give as a gift. For a couple of weeks I tried talking her out of it, to instead get a Kindle Fire but she persisted on the Touchpad because of the price. My gift to him is to buy all the apps he wants and I'll set it up with some custom tweaks for better performance.
    Last edited by tarbo; 12/24/2011 at 07:38 PM.
    My Son, only just finished installing a few apps and games on it for him

He turned 4, 4 weeks ago and has been using mine solidly since I got it back in August

he will be seriously made up with having his own now
    I'm giving my daughter a 16GB.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I got one for my wife and another for my 7 & 9 year old girls to share. Tomorrow they get their official TouchPad tutorials and I get my TouchPad back.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    My family got theirs for Christmas in August. They have been used non stop the last 2 days by all our family. Still a great purchase all these months later.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    My 10 year old daughter that lives several states away, who probably doesn't even remember what I looked like the last time she saw me, received her TouchPad today. Their computer is slightly older than my daughter, so it was high time they had something modern, and they don't have cable Internet, DSL, or even Cell service available where they live.

I had conspired with her mother to obtain a nearby open access WiFi point's name, so I could pre-configure it to auto-connect, I setup a Skype account on it for her, and told her mom that no one was allowed to open the shipping box until they were near that WiFi point. My daughter got it open, powered it up, and it immediately went online and connected to Skype, and as soon as I saw her name light up "Online", I video called her from my TouchPad. Apparently she was so shocked from the sudden ring, that she nearly dropped it .. oops!

It took her nearly a minute to gain composure enough to hit the "Answer" button, and when she did she was so happy she couldn't stop crying. Best Christmas Ever.
    cool story, bro
    I already gave 2 away for early Christmas presents right after the fire sale.
    im getting a 32 gb TP a touchstone, a case and screen protector, cant wait : )
    Wife and 3yr old daughter have been playing with my early xmas present 16gb TP. Jungle Jewels and Swingworm have been the top games so far for those two.

I'm also gonna give the daughter my old Pre Plus, metadoctored with bypass activation and with the phone disabled via mode switcher. Loaded it up with 17 or so games and wrapped it up. It can be her very own Angry Birds device

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    I guess my daughter had Christmas in August, I gave her a firesale 16GB TouchPad I got as a backup in case I had to return my 32GB. For the record, she's 11 and loves it - totally cured of her iPad addiction.
    got one for my daughter age six, for some reason she is addicted to the free checkers app (designed for pre).. Absolutely loves touchpad and no longer trying to borrow my wives iPad.
    I got one for my 3 year old son and another for my 12 year old step daughter. I actually got them at the very first fire sale and gave one to the girl then. I waited until a few Weeks ago to give it to my son because he just turned three. They both use them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SlothSprint View Post
    if you are, what are their ages? Mine are 9 & 7, and I can't wait to see the looks on their faces.

Just finished putting screen protectors on them and wrapping them up. Have TPU cases for in the house and bought a couple of Targus cases (basically re-marketed portable DVD player cases) for when they leave the house. Dreading the first drop, and already coaching myself to stay calm when it happens.

On that note, does anyone know of a case with a wrist lanyard attached? Might come in handy.

Merry Christmas.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Aren't many getting the iPad for kids?
    I read from Enolsoft that iPad Tops Kids’ Holiday Wish Lists.
    I bought one for my daughter, she is 17 months. My wife thought it was a silly idea but the kid is learning fast.
    I think she is getting a bit confused between it and her books though. To turn pages she tries dragging her fingers across them
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    i have one. my 16 year old daughter already has had hers for a few months.

but i bought two for my 60 year old mom and dad.
    I bought a 32GB TouchPad during the fire sale and gave it to my daughter and told her Xmas was coming early, she did not object.
    Yeah... and then he *****ed about it not being Apple.

Well, see what you get (or don't) next year.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast