Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Hi all, I managed to snag two Touchpads during the eBay refurb sale I am giving as Christmas gifts. I had wanted to update, overclock, patch, etc. them so they were all ready to be enjoyed to their fullest. However, I forgot you are asked to create a webOS account upon boot. I don't want to create accounts using the giftees emails in case they check them... Does anyone have any ideas how I can go about this? Thanks!
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    guess you could always make dummy accounts and have them change it later

look at accounts under settings tab. It lets you add news ones, and I presume, delete old ones. Never tried it myself though
    Full Erase does not reset the system software, so you could set up your os updates and patches and then do a full erase. On the other hand, you might want to consider the person's ability to deal with what happens when the next system update comes in and wipes out their patches.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Full Erase does not reset the system software, so you could set up your os updates and patches and then do a full erase. On the other hand, you might want to consider the person's ability to deal with what happens when the next system update comes in and wipes out their patches.

this is your best option. either log in with your webos account or create a new one as a dummy and then do preware and patches.

then do the erase. this will make you sign in or create a profile.

the best thing is to educate them about it tho. or if they have easy access to you, you can always do it for them when they need to re-do stuff

good luck!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help guys!

Will full erase get rid of Preware?
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
    Patches and kernel will still be installed after full erase, Preware will be erased, however.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    does using full erase mess up anything with cm7 alpha installs?
    it would erase anything that's on the CM7 SD card partition, since that is the same as the webOS USB partition.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: