1.    #1  
    OK, this is weird. I read through some of the searches and don't think this has been answered. I recently imported all of my Pre- contacts into google through the csv file, then I sync'd it with my Pre so that I had all of my contacts now in google profile as well as Palm's so when Palm/HP goes under and the cloud is gone, I still have all of my contacts through google. So now, I deleted all of my Palm profiles on my Pre- and now only have Google contacts. So now when I backup through Palm on the Backup feature, it should now not have the palm profiles on the Touchpad, right? But when I go to the touchpads contacts, all of the Palm profiles are still there and they need to be deleted as well. I'm trying to word all of this correctly, but I dont have the time. There are other things I'm going to add later as I have a four hour drive to Jersey right now.

I'm also worried that if I backup with the TP, then all of my Palm profiles are going to be back to the Pre- when I sync my contacts. It's like I'm in a loop! Don't get me wrong, I haven't gotten all of my Palm profile contact back onto my Pre- through sync'ing, but was worried that it might happen.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    You still have the palmprofile for your app backup. And you should keep it.
    If you open the contacts app and go into settings and tap on the hp profile (don't know what it is named in english version) you see how many contacts are handled by this acount. I have a 0 showing there.
    Last edited by somline; 12/23/2011 at 03:42 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    You still have the palmprofile for your app backup. And you should keep it.
    If you open the contacts app and go into settings and tap on the hp profile (don't know what it is named in english version) you see how many contacts are handled by this acount. I have a 0 showing there.
    My Pre- says I have 64 contacts in my palm profile whereas my Touchpad says I have 156. Now, if both TP and Pre are backing up to HP-Palm, why wouldn't these numbers be the same? How do I get my TP to have what the pre has? Btw, thanks for the tip on seeing how many contacts are in each profile. Its weird though how the tp says 279 contacts in google and the pre says 277. How is it off 2 when they sync to google. This stuff gets me so confused. Dab nabbit.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.