1.    #1  
    Is there a setup or configuration capability to disable the camera on an HP Touchpad? My kids will be using the Touchpad but they're not at an age where I feel comfortable with them Skyping, etc. so I wish to simply turn off the camera. Any advice, for I'm brand new to the Touchpad? Thank you!
    My suggestion would be "don't install a Skype account", I don't believe there is any way to just disable the feature, no.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    thanks very much. I appreciate the response (am brand new to this forum). Are you aware of how one can delete 'core' applications or 'system' applications that came pre-loaded on the Touchpad? For example the Video and Phone Chatting app. The add-on apps I know can be deleted by selecting them for a few seconds then hitting the "X" but not the pre-loaded ones in this manner. Thanks!
    I think Preware could do it, but honestly why bother? Just dont set up a chatting account and leave it at that. One thing I've learned is that the more you try to restrict something, the more ambition someone will have to re-enable it. You're only fueling your kids interest in it by taking it away.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Don't know why you want to disable it not much uses it other than the camera apps, so you can take photos and Skype.

But simplist reverseable method. Electrical tape over it!!! Done disabled.
    I don't know if anyone has come up with a way to delete onboard apps, you could do it manually, i suppose, get into it with Internalz Pro or on a command line, and just delete the apps from the file system .. though it may replace them automatically, like it has a habit of doing if you try to replace the app catalog on 1.4.5...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
    simplist reverseable method. Electrical tape over it!!! Done disabled.
    ^this.
    But her/his kids can easily remove the electrical tape. If you really want to get rid of the camera, with a permanent marker, just color in the window for the camera completely.