Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    when i transfer a file via webos web browser i get around 25 mbit/s
    when i transfer a file via samba i get around 10 mbit/s

server is a win xp share and with a windows notebook i get around 70 mbits (wlan-n)

webos 3.0.4
    uberkernel
    what is samba?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    what is samba?
    "Samba is a free software re-implementation, originally developed by Andrew Tridgell, of the SMB/CIFS networking protocol. As of version 3, Samba provides file and print services for various Microsoft Windows clients and can integrate with a Windows Server domain, either as a Primary Domain Controller (PDC) or as a domain member. It can also be part of an Active Directory domain.

Samba runs on most Unix and Unix-like systems, such as GNU/Linux, Solaris, AIX and the BSD variants, including Apple's Mac OS X Server (which was added to the Mac OS X client in version 10.2). Samba is standard on nearly all distributions of Linux and is commonly included as a basic system service on other Unix-based operating systems as well. Samba is released under the GNU General Public License. The name Samba comes from SMB (Server Message Block), the name of the standard protocol used by the Microsoft Windows network file system."
    (Source: Wikipedia)

Hint: Did you ever try Google?

Greetings and merry x-mas from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    when i transfer a file via webos web browser i get around 25 mbit/s
    when i transfer a file via samba i get around 10 mbit/s

Click to view quoted image

server is a win xp share and with a windows notebook i get around 70 mbits (wlan-n)

webos 3.0.4
    uberkernel
    are you running unthrottle download manager patch?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Performance on Samba 3 has been a problem for years. I'm surprised that anyone uses it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    think samba is used on 1 of my NAS drives, seemed fine streaming from it tho using my media players.