Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Renderhaus
  1.    #1  
    So, I'm following my normal routine of arriving home with my two toddler-aged boys by grabbing the Touchpad + diaper bags & such from the car and setting on top of my car while un-strapping the little ones from their car seats. Then I go to collect all my stuff from the top of the car and head into the house.

That was around 5:00

So I'm just coasting through my evening being pre-occupied as any parent of toddlers will tell you. So up around 10:30pm, after finally getting them to sleep i'm thinking of jumping on the TP. I look high and low, but can't find it. Finally I decide to check the car, and there it is, on TOP of the car, drenched in rain water from having been sitting out there in a light drizzle for 5 1/2 hours!

Nearly frantic, I rush to get 'my precious' back inside where its warm and toasty. Fortunately I keep it in an HP case. So there really was barely even a drop of water on the TP itself once I opened it up. Trepidatiously I pressed the power button, knowing that even the slightest micro-second of a delay would indicate a certain compromise of the hardware. But, thank God, there was none. ALL IS WELL!

Long live TouchPad!
    Wow. You are one LUCKY man!! Wet is one issue... stolen would be another! LOL Glad the case kept it nice and dry
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Not sure if rain or snow would have been worse. Glad to hear it lives
  4.    #4  
    It almost saw snow...and ice.

Had I not discovered it until the next morning, it would have wound up frozen to the roof of my car. We had freezing rain last night.
    Last edited by Renderhaus; 12/23/2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Better by a lottery ticket while you still feel lucky. All the best to you!
    Game over!