Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a quick question about Amazon Prime video
    streaming that comes with a $79/year membership.

Do all the free movie/TV videos play okay on the
    HP Touchpad? (not the videos that you have to pay
    extra to rent or buy) How is s the audio and video
    quality, compared to playing on a laptop/PC?

Thanks!
    I haven't tried ALL the free video from Amazon Prime, but I have played several TV shows and the quality depends a lot on the quality of the original. A recent HD show looks pretty good, but not as good as it does on my 1080p TV. I tried watching an episode of the 70's British series Upstairs Downstairs and it was nearly unwatchable to me. (I have this series on DVD and the quality is not much better.)

I can't really compare to laptop because I general don't watch videos on my laptop.
    They've all worked for me, and the quality was pretty good.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    It works good for me too.. I think it depends on your wifi connection strength. I have watched Lethal Weapon 1 & 2, several episodes of Lost, The Office (UK), & 24... Also to note if you have an .edu email address then you can sign up for Prime for only $39...
    Follow me on Twitter @MalikCirca1980
    No problems here either and I have watched quiet a few
    The few I watched worked well for me. FYI- I watch more Netflix using Splashtop Remote and the quality is pretty good there.
    Streaming is decent @ 720p. I've noticed there is always a bit of stuttering, but it's bearable. Not quite like watching it on your pc but definitely watchable.
    Have found to be very watchable with only a slight bit of stuttering or lag. Helps mitigate the lack of Netflix.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    The only problem I have had is that the TP screen dims and then blanks if I don't touch it periodically. Any way to fix that? Must be some sort of power saver feature. Don't know where it is set.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snwynkoop View Post
    The only problem I have had is that the TP screen dims and then blanks if I don't touch it periodically. Any way to fix that? Must be some sort of power saver feature. Don't know where it is set.
    Are you viewing in FULL SCREEN mode? I have never had any issue with dimming when watching Amazon Prime Instant Videos in Full Screen mode only in window mode will the screen dim and then go off. Your screen setting are located on the SETTINGS tab Screen & Lock.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    None of the star trek episodes work for me anymore :-(
    I've noticed some videos mo longer work, also.
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 02/07/2012 at 11:38 PM.
    Anyone think we can come up with a solution for this? I understand that its likely due to an update needed to the flash player, and that would likely have to come from HP, but I am still curious if something can be done about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Anyone think we can come up with a solution for this? I understand that its likely due to an update needed to the flash player, and that would likely have to come from HP, but I am still curious if something can be done about it.
    This I going to become a huge issue very soon. I already can't watch shows on fox and it's just a matter of time before all sites require a Flash update.

HP needs to get on this ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlothSprint View Post
    This I going to become a huge issue very soon. I already can't watch shows on fox and it's just a matter of time before all sites require a Flash update.

HP needs to get on this ASAP.
    There's a good chance we'll be left up ****'s creek without a paddle. Maybe html5 will come to the rescue.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    None of the star trek episodes work for me anymore :-(
    I have just streamed Star Trek Enterprise season 1 episode 1 with out any issues. What specific Star Trek episodes are you having issue with?

Try the super troopers movie if you would.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I got a 'can not connect to video try again latter' message when trying to stream Super Trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I have just streamed Star Trek Enterprise season 1 episode 1 with out any issues. What specific Star Trek episodes are you having issue with?
    I was trying DS9, and Voyager. I watched all of season 1 for DS9 a few months ago... now no dice. Glad to hear Enterprise is still working. Will try some more tomorrow or in a little bit. Bruins game currently has me more occupied.
    some videos work fine, some (like super troopers) don't play for me either. I wonder if they aren't having some growing pains after making their announcement for more programming?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast